Who Defines Disability?
This workshop will introduce participants to the World Health Organization's definition of disability and explore how this and other terminologycan hinder or facilitate communicationwith people living with a disability in contemporary times.
This workshop is designed for:
- students interested in pursuing a career in the area of disabilities
- family members living with a disabled person
- teachers, healthcare workers and social workers
- science and engineering professionals (technical aspects)
- for anyone interested in expanding their own views and knowledge base
- people living with disabilities
The following topics will be explored:
- The meaning of disability – our use of language - different perspecyives and models
- how the words used to address women and men with disabilities can impact on the interaction
Tuition Fee: $30
All contents Copyright 2013 © Dawson College. Please notify the webmaster
of any changes/corrections.
Dawson College • 3040 Sherbrooke St. W. • Westmount, Quebec • H3Z 1A4 • (514) 931 - 8731