Program Coordinator of CRLT: David Nagels
The only English-language CRLT program in Quebec
The Community Recreation and Leadership Training (CRLT) program prepares you to work in the field of leisure and recreation. It focuses on outdoor and environmental education, promotion, business administration, fundraising and soft skills such as leadership, communication, teamwork, professionalism and planning.
This three-year program offers a balanced approach to theory and practice, testing your leadership skills through internships with organizations and institutions in Quebec or elsewhere. Once completed, you will have accumulated over 580 hours of work experience.
Among the skills you will acquire in the program are:
- Leadership techniques
- Planning and implementing a program
- Leading small and large groups
- Organizing events
- Community Development
- Administration and human resource management
- Promotion and publicity
- Working with special populations
- Communication techniques including public speaking
- First aid training
Is the CRLT program right for you?
- Do you enjoy working with or helping people?
- Are you passionate about teaching others?
- Do you like organizing and implementing events and activities?
- Are you actively involved in extracurricular activities such as sports, student council and leadership or various social or academic clubs and committees?
- Do you love being outdoors and are environmentally conscious?
The Place for me is CRLT!
The CRLT program is lucky to have its own space within Dawson College. This includes a common room, a private computer lab, a conference room and a multipurpose room, all conveniently located around the faculty’s offices. Having our own space allows the students to get to know one another better and to become a stronger community. It also facilitates studying, group work and receiving help from teachers.