Academic Standing and Advancement Policy
To be in good standing and to register unconditionally, students must meet the requirements of the College Academic Standing and Advancement Policy as well as the program requirements.
To be in good standing and to register unconditionally:
- Students must have passed more than 50% of their courses for the year (not including summer school).
- Students admitted in January must pass more than 50% of their courses in that term.
Students must also meet the standards of their particular program. If that policy is more stringent than the College policy, the program policy (DEC or AEC) takes precedence.
Students who do not fulfill the above conditions may register only with the permission of the College Academic Standing Appeals Committee.
Students denied permission to register under this section have a right to appeal to the College Academic Standing Appeals Committee.
Specific Education discipline numbers in the Accounting and Management Technology and Business Management Programs are: (410) Business Administration, (420) Computer Science and (383) Economics.
The following circumstances will result in an expulsion from the program:
- Failing the same Specific Education course three times.
- Failure to complete the program within 5 years.
Students who do not satisfy the criteria of this Academic Standing Policy will be expelled from the Program and the College. The expelled student has the right to appeal the expulsion to the College Academic Standing Appeals Committee.
- In order to advance to Term 3 of the program, students must have passed at least four (4) of the required 14 General Education courses.
- In order to advance to Term 5 of the program, students must have passed at least nine (9) of the required 14 General Education courses.
Students in program who are prevented from advancing in their Specific Education courses may continue
taking General Education courses and must either:
- Submit an “Intent to Continue in Current Program” form to the Registrar’s Office by March 1 or November 1, as appropriate, in order to resume taking Specific Education courses in the following semester.
- Submit an online Program Transfer request by March 1 or November 1, as appropriate, in order to enroll in a different program.
Students not taking any courses in a semester must reapply to the College by the application deadline in order to be part of a program of study.