Network Administration & Support
A.E.C. Program ELJ.3B – (1260 hours) Full-time – Intensive – Day
Program scheduled to start: February 25, 2019
Application deadline: November 11, 2018
- October 10, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in room 4C.1
- October 18, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in room 4C.1
Late applicants (those applying after the deadline date) can late-apply online, but will only be considered if space permits.
Please contact your district Emploi Québec -Services Québec office to arrange an appointment to see an agent who will determine if you meet their criteria.
All dates are subject to change without notice.
For more information please contact the AEC Office in room 2H.1, (514) 931-8731 extension 3210.
Please consult the Continuing Education timetable for general rules concerning registration procedures and refund policies.
The use of computer networks in many small, medium and large enterprises has created demand for specialists who provide end-user support, as well as the day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks.
Network Support Technicians typically find work in M.I.S. departments, at help desks, or in technical support centers. There has also been an emergence of specialized consulting firms that offer professional network support and expertise to a wide range of companies. A Network Support Technician installs, configures, and troubleshoots PC and network hardware, client operating and network operating systems. The Network Support Technician also plans, designs, implements and administers local and wide area networks. The technician also provides technical support to end users and clients.
Upon successful completion of the program students will be able to:
- Install and configure computer and network hardware
- Install and configure client server operating systems
- Plan and implement network solutions
- Plan and implement internet solutions
- Support end-users
Graduates are qualified to work in a variety of businesses such as:
- Computer consulting firms
- Production and commercial enterprises
- Financial, educational and health institutions
- Government and para-public agencies
- Transportation companies
- Insurance agencies
This program provides training for the following industry certifications:
- Microsoft Server Certification
- Microsoft Client Certification
- Microsoft Security Certification
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Applicants must have a secondary V diploma or equivalent or acquired knowledge and skills deemed sufficient by the College for potential success in the Program.
- In addition, the application must meet one of the following requirements:
- The applicant’s studies have been interrupted for at least two consecutive terms or one school year;
- The applicant is covered by an agreement entered into by the college and an employer or by a government program;
- The applicant has completed at least one year of post secondary studies over a period of one year or more.
- English language skills equivalent to placement at Preparation for College English or higher. Applicants may be required to take an English placement exam.
- Applicants must complete a logic based computer technology aptitude test.
- A letter of intent.
- A selection interview will be required to assess the applicant’s comprehension of oral French and motivation to pursue studies in the Program.