Preparation for Cisco and CompTIA Linux+ Certification
A.E.C. Program ELJ.2J – (450 hours) Full-time, three evenings and Saturdays – intensive
Program scheduled to start: January 21, 2019
Late Application deadline: January 18, 2019
Late applicants (those applying after the deadline date) can late-apply online, but will only be considered if space permits.
All dates are subject to change without notice.
For more information please contact the AEC Office in room 2H.1, (514) 931-8731 extension 3210.
The growth of both local and wide area networks (LAN and WAN) requires trained certified network personnel. The Preparation for Cisco and Comptia Linux Certification Program focuses on the key networking technologies needed to plan, design and implement local and wide area networks. Graduates of the program will be employed as PC support specialists, network administrators and network designers. Due to the shortage of trained personnel, employment opportunities are excellent. The goal of the program is to prepare students to enter the workforce as specialized network personnel.
The Preparation for Cisco and Comptia Linux+ Certification Program is designed to allow students to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare them to write:
- The industry exam for certification as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- The industry exam for certification in CompTIA Linux+ Certification
The program will enable students to:
- Analyze and plan local and wide area networks
- Install, configure and administer network systems
- Develop and implement troubleshooting strategies
- Provide network support to clients
This program is designed for students with basic computer software and hardware knowledge who wish to enter or further their career in the information technology field. Based on the target market identification, it is recommended that students applying to the Preparation for Cisco and CompTIA Linux+ Certification Program possess most of the following characteristics:
- Good analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to research technical solutions
- Ability to work independently and to assume responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
As part of the information Technology team, graduates will apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes gained during the program to install, configure and administer business networks.Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Analyze business requirements and design a corresponding network solutions
- Implement network solutions
- Analyze and implement business security requirements
- Install and configure various network services and networking equipment
- Communicate with end users and clientsAdapt to technological change
- Respect the established ethical standards and values of the organization
- Respect health and safety standards
A person who has received instruction considered sufficient by the College and meets one of the following conditions may be admitted to a program of studies leading to an Attestations d’études collégiales:
- The person’s studies have been interrupted for at least two consecutive terms or one school year.
- The person is covered by an agreement entered into between the College and an employer or by a government program of studies.
- The person has pursued postsecondary studies for at least one year.
- The college considers a sufficient instruction to be one of the following:
- Quebec Secondary School Diploma (DES) or equivalent
- Quebec Diploma of Professional Studies (DEP) or equivalent
- A combination of experience and/or training deemed appropriate for the program.
- Applicants must complete a logic based computer technology aptitude test.
- English writing skills equivalent to placement at Preparation for College English or higher.
- A letter of intent.
- A selection interview will be required to assess applicants’ comprehension of oral English and French and motivation to pursue studies in the program.