First Aid Team
Dawson’s First Aid Team is an essential service provided to the entire College. It is made up of volunteering students who are passionate about helping others.
Why join our team?
The First Aid Team will provide:
- Beneficial and life-enriching experiences
- An opportunity to be part of an essential service and team within the College
Do you qualify?
- Must be certified in Standard First Aid and CPR (bring in a photocopy of a valid card). If you are not certified and would like to join the team, a certification course is sometimes provided at the beginning of every semester. Please go to the Campus Life and Leadership office (2E.6) for more information.
- Be able to put in no less than 1 hour blocks, 2 hours minimum per week
- Looking for committed and reliable students only
- Must be able to follow rules and procedures
- To assist Security with administering proper first aid care.
- Attend to students who are referred or present themselves to the First Aid room.
- Along with the administration of first aid, team members are expected to perform tasks that are included in the FAT duties.
- Be present and available for your assigned hours.
- Follow appropriate guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct yourself in an appropriate and ethical manner at all times.
- Although this is volunteer-based work, it in an important job, and so, should be treated like a job.
Join the Team!
After you have finalized your class schedule, come to the Campus Life and Leadership office, 2E.6 with your available hours, a photocopy of your valid certification card(s) and a 2” recent headshot photo of yourself. Fill in the registration form and mark in your hours on the given schedule sheets. Only sign up for shifts you know you can fulfill throughout the entire semester.
Your volunteer hours will count towards the SIR program!
The Recognition of Student Involvement is an acknowledgment on your official transcript. You can download the Individual Student Recognition application form. To receive more information, please see Campus Life & Leadership, room 2E.6.