Dawson College’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education organizes the annual Entrepreneurship Week (Eweek). Set to coincide with Global Entrepreneurship Week, this 5-day intensive and intense entrepreneurial boot camp will bring together budding entrepreneurs and the business community for a series of unforgettable events. New this year on the fifth day, Dawson College will host Glambition, an entrepreneurship event for high school girls.
Eweek has attracted as many as 2500 participants in the past. This year we hope inspire and excite just as many people. We have over 50 guest speakers, mentors and coaches in 23 events supported by 30-plus volunteers, 16 community organizations and 10 sponsors. This intensive entrepreneurship boot-camp will be offered over five days. It includes a college version of Dragon’s Den/Shark Tank called Dawson’s Den. You can even speed-date an entrepreneur!!
There is something for everybody:
- Information Kiosks – Entrepreneurship Support Organizations
- High profile guest speakers and panel discussions from companies and organizations such as Andy Nulman and Gilbert Rozon of Just for Laughs, David Usher of Moist and Richard St-Pierre of C2 Montreal, Yes Montreal…and many more
- On themes such as Social Innovation, Tech Entrepreneurship, Artist-Entrepreneurs, Creativity, Social Media etc.
- Workshops – Growth Wheel, Lets Make a Deal, Entrepreneurship for a Better Planet and Get People to Pay Attention to your Business
- Contest – Dawson’s Den
- Montreal NewTech– a networking evening where local techies and creatives converge to make connections and hear 5-minutes pitches by 5 startups.
- Speed-date an Entrepreneur: brought to you by our local CLDs and CDECs; the Montreal Youth Chambre of Commerce and the CEDEC, this is a great opportunity to have one-on-one time with a mentor-entrepreneur
We are looking forward to sharing the dynamism and generosity of entrepreneurial community in Montreal. All our events are free and open to the public.
Here is a recap video of EWeek 2015
If you want to volunteer to help make Eweek a success, please complete the volunteer information form.
EWeek is brought to you by Dawson College and the Student Success Action Plan and Campus Life and Leadership in partnership with the Global Entrepreneurship Week Canada and our many partners.