Visiting Dawson College
Can I visit the school?
Yes, it’s the best way to really get a feel for the place. Here are a few options:
- Open House: On Sunday, October 30, 2016, we will throw open the doors to prospective students and their families. You can visit the building, look at the facilities and displays, talk to teachers and advisers, and participate in activities.
- College Tours: If you missed Open House, Dawson leads group tours through November. You can ask the guidance counsellor at your high school to arrange a tour or call 514 931-8731 ext. 1275. If that’s not possible, you can visit on your own or with your family. Remember that you can only drop in on days when the College is open and you cannot skip classes to come to visit.
- Special February Information Evening: Each winter Dawson hosts a special evening for graduating high school students before the March 1 application deadline. Come visit the school, speak with teachers and advisers, current students will lead you on tours through the school.
- Public Events at Dawson College: You can come to Dawson to watch sports events or plays, to visit the Art Gallery, to attend guest lectures, or to participate in special activities organized for the general public. Events of general interest to the public are listed in the calendar section of the homepage. In the Fall of 2007, a new theatre opened for the staging of plays and other events.
How do I get to Dawson College?
Dawson College is centrally located in downtown Montreal.
- By metro: get off at the Atwater station on the Green Line. One level above the platform where the ticket booths are located, you’ll see a sign pointing to Dawson College.
- By bus: there are several bus lines that serve the Atwater metro station. Link to www.stm.info for more information about fares and schedules. For more information on Bus and Metro Passes & Schedules, visit the STM website.
- By car: we don’t recommend it as there is a real parking shortage, but if you must, you should know that Dawson College occupies a city block between two major downtown streets. You can take Sherbrooke from east or west toward Atwater. The address is 3040 Sherbrooke West. Or from the east, you can take de Maisonneuve (one way travelling west) to Atwater: a little further is another entrance to the school at 4001 de Maisonneuve West.Or, take the Ville Marie Expressway (Hwy 720) coming from east or west, take the Atwater exit. Once on Atwater heading north, you can turn left on either de Maisonneuve or Sherbrooke. Each has a protected left turn at the end of the cycle.