Intro to Social Media and Internet Marketing
This workshop will introduce clients to the marketing potential of social media by taking a close look at such sites as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Internet marketing is rapidly becoming the norm for companies looking to reach the widest audience, and our instructors will demonstrate the most efficient ways to increase your online presence. After determining the best options for your unique business, we will also discuss the practical aspects of establishing an online identity, like security and privacy issues and contact management.
Students will be able to plan, execute, monitor and control an innovative online marketing campaign with confidence. Participants will be well-versed in the latest social media developments, and will be capable of translating this knowledge directly to their place of work.
- What is social media
- Creating an online identity
- Creating and securing your Facebook account
- How to avoid spam and guerrilla marketing ads
- Chatting with users
- A quick tour of other social media sites (Google+, Twitter, YouTube, StumbleUpon, Pinterest)
- Keyword research
- Onsite/Off-site optimization (titles, meta tags, links, directories, etc.)
- Social media marketing
- Using web analytic programs (Google Analytics)
- Using PPC program (Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, MSN AdCenter…)
This course uses a student-centered approach to best serve the unique needs of the participants. Throughout the course, students will create and polish their online identity, so upon completion their skills can immediately be applied to the workplace.