All of the following workshops are available to students who are currently registered at Dawson College (all workshops are free of charge).
For a schedule of upcoming workshops, please visit us in 2D.2 during our office hours.
Stop the guess work and participate in an informative 3-session workshop that will help you to identify your interests, values, skills, personal preferences and your unique career success formula. During the workshop you will take the Strong Interest and Skills Confidence Inventory and other self-assessment exercises. You will learn how to find career and educational options that match your preferences and meet your goals.
Career Cruising Workshop
Looking for career options? Come cruising! A 90-minute Career Cruising Workshop will help you:
- identify careers based on your interests
- see how these careers match your skills
- learn why certain careers are a better match for you than others
- get in-depth information on careers of your choice, including job descriptions, working conditions, earnings, educational requirements, college and university programs, etc.
- learn about the best career information websites
Choosing A University Major Workshop
Get help making the next big decision in your life. This one-session workshop is offered jointly by Counselling & Career Development and Academic Advising. Using the Strong Interest Inventory, this workshop is aimed at helping you identify university programs that match your interests and preferences. You will also learn strategies that can help you with the application process. It’s a great idea for students who have to make a decision now!