All of the following workshops are available to students who are currently registered at Dawson College (all workshops are free of charge).
For a schedule of upcoming workshops, please visit us in 6D.5 during our office hours.
Career Planning Workshops
- Career Connections Workshop: This is an informative (3-session) workshop that will help you to identify your interests, values, skills, personal preferences, and help you clarify your unique career story. During the workshop you will complete The Strong Interest and Skills Confidence Inventory as well as several other assessments. You will learn how to use the results to find career and educational options that fit your preferences and meet your goals. You will also learn about websites that can be of great help in your academic/career decision-making process.These workshops are led by counselling professionals who will address strategies for researching careers as well as encourage interactive group discussions.
- Career Cruising Workshop: Looking for career options? Come cruising! A 90-minute Career Cruising Workshop will help you to:
- identify careers based on your interests
- see how these careers match your skills
- learn why certain careers are a better match for you than others
- get in-depth information on careers of your choice, including job descriptions, working conditions, earnings, educational requirements, college and university programs, etc.
- Find out which universities throughout Canada and the United States offer the program(s) which could lead you into this career.
- learn about the best career information websites
3. Choosing A University Major Workshop: Get help making the next big decision in your life. This one-session workshop is offered jointly by the Counselling and Career Development and Academic Advising departments. Using the Strong Interest Inventory (interest test), this workshop is aimed at helping you to identify university programs that match your interests and preferences. You will also learn strategies that can help you with the application process. It’s a great idea for students who have to make a decision now!
For more information or to sign up for ANY of these workshops visit us at the Career Resource Centre, Room 6D.5 (library, 2nd floor).