Data Visualization with Tableau
- No programming is required for this course. Required software and tools will be provided.
- Windows / MAC Laptop with at least 4GB RAM and an internet connection of at least 25 Mbps; Headset with microphone and webcam.
- Ability to communicate orally in English.
- Ability to take a college/university level course (undergraduate studies or equivalent work experience is ideal).
This course provides an introduction and hands-on experience in data visualization, visual analytics, and visual data storytelling. It introduces students to design principles for creating meaningful displays of quantitative and qualitative data to facilitate managerial decision-making in the field of business analytics. It uses Tableau as the main tool for data visualization. A final project might be required. In the first part of the class the instructor will deliver a live theorical and practical demonstration followed by questions from students; in the second part of the class, students will work on a specific assignment.
- Data Visualization Foundations (3 hrs.)
- Basic Charts in Tableau (10 hrs.)
- Visualization and Dashboards Best Practices (3 hrs.)
- Creating Visualizations & Dashboards in Tableau (10 hrs.)
- Group or Individual Project Coaching and Presentation (4 hrs.)
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply principles of data visualization and visual storytelling to create visualizations and dashboards in Tableau.
- Represent data with different visualizations, including cross tabs, maps, heat maps, bar charts, line charts and scatter plots following best practices.
- Create visualizations and dashboards in Tableau using customs calculations, parameters, and user controls.
- Cluster data, forecast variables, examine trends, and establish the relationship between variables using correlation analysis.
- Communicate key findings to a non-technical audience.
Course Price: $575.00