English Conversation Workshop – Intermediate level
Prerequisite: Self-Evaluation for Non-credit workshop at Intermediate level:
I am able to understand most of a conversation when I hear the language spoken. I cannot understand very well when people speak quickly. I can hold a conversation, but I make many mistakes when I speak and I have difficulty expressing complex ideas because I do not have the vocabulary and I am missing some of the grammatical rules.
1. This course aims to give students at the intermediate level the opportunity to improve and practice their speaking and comprehension skills and to enrich their vocabulary.
2. The topics and subjects chosen are related to the workplace, the environment, the news, education, culture, health and relationships. The course focuses on refining the skills already acquired.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Express opinions, tastes and preferences (current affairs, culture, society)
2. Give advice and making suggestions
3. Express hopes, desires and goals
4. Talk about past events, their countries of origin, their families and past experiences
A variety of learning techniques will be used to develop oral fluency such as:
Emphasis will be placed on:
• Speaking and listening skills
• Enrichment of both vocabulary and idiomatic expressions.
• Headphones and an external microphone
• High speed stable internet connection
• Access to a computer with a minimum of Windows 7 or Mac G5
• E-Book: (to be purchased after the first class)
Title : NorthStar 2 Listening & Speaking (Fifth Edition). Student Reader+w/app & resources Access Card: ISBN 9780136568742
Price : approximate price of $ 55,95
Author : Robin Mills and Laurie L Frazier
Available at : Pearson ERPI
Course Price: $250.00
Saturday, Sep 19 - Saturday, Nov 28
|Saturday||14:30 - 17:00||VIR-Non-CR|
|Registration Start Date:||Saturday, Aug 01, 2020|
|Group Schedule Info:||No class October 10.rn|
|Maximum Class Size:||12|
|Status:||Registration in progress|