Dawson_community is intended to inform the members of Dawson about events or items of interest for the entire community in matters academic and para-academic. We do not accept postings that sell or advertise property, or items for sale of any kind. Also note that as we are trying not to bombard the community with so many messages that they are regarded as spam, we do not allow ‘discussion threads’ with this list.
The list is moderated, i.e. it has to be approved by a moderator before it is distributed. Reasons for rejection can be:
- The message was unsigned. A name, title and phone extension is required.
- The message did not include a subject or body
- A message on the same subject was sent by someone else at the same time.
- The message comes from a non-Dawson e-mail address. Only e-mails with @dawsoncollege.qc.ca can be transmitted through dawson_community.
- The message was sent with a ‘High Importance’ flag
- The message may contain a link, but there is not enough information regarding the link.
- The message includes an attachment over 1 Meg in size or in a format other than PDF*. (*updated 2016-10-24)
- The hyperlink to the Events Calendar in a message about a college event is missing
- The message’s aim is to raise money for profit. Dawson_community cannot be used as a vehicle to raise funds for an individual or company’s gain.
- Employees raising money for a reputable and recognized cause may use dawson_community, but only once per year, at the moderators’ discretion.
- The information in the message is of no pertinent interest to the Dawson community.
- Members of the Dawson community may use the dawson_community e-mail messaging system to send messages that are of a peripheral interest to the community, but the frequency of such messages, especially from the same sender, will be limited, at the moderators’ discretion.
Send an email with email@example.com as the recipient. Messages usually get approved within the next business day.
To discuss the policy or the particular reasons for rejection of a message, please contact the moderators:
- Communcations, Donna Varrica ext. 1352
- IST, Francois Paradis, ext. 1363
By default all employees are subscribed to the list. To no longer receive these messages, contact the Help Desk.
A message may get rejected by the list moderator if it does not follow the rules above. If the reasons are more sensitive you will also be contacted by a Communications or IST manager to explain the reasons for the refusal.
All employees of the College have emails sent to their Dawson account, including the all_dawson, dawson_community, etc. You may forward your Dawson email to your personal account.