Application Form/Project Guidelines
HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A STUDENT PROJECT?
Please be advised that projects must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Project involves students’ direct participation-either as participants or co-coordinators
- Project involves a new and/or creative approach to reinforcing student skills or knowledge in a discipline or program
- Project is conducted in such a way that the benefit to students can be measured or observed
The guidelines below are designed to ensure the smoothest and most efficient management of your project’s finances.
- SSAP funds will be deposited to the account you specify on your application. Speak to your department Chair or Sector Dean to find out how you can access these funds.
- Label all receipts with the name of the project to which they are related.
- Keep copies of everything you submit.
- Unused funds must be returned so that they can be used for other upcoming projects. Please contact Anne Piggott the SSAP Coordinator at local 1410 to find out how unused funds can be returned to SSAP.
All off-campus activities must respect the Off-Campus Student Travel and Activities Procedures.
The following additional measures also apply:
• The health protocol of the site to be visited must meet Dawson’s standards. If it does not, the activity will not be approved by the dean.
• If a rental bus is required, the recommendations of the heath authorities, including those for physical distancing, must be respected.
A copy of all project receipts (for expenses covered by SSAP) MUST be submitted with your report. This report is due three (3) weeks after the completion of your project.
If you have any questions or would like clarification of the above, please do not hesitate to contact Anne Piggott the SSAP Coordinator at extension 1410 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.