UDL@Dawson: Mission & Procedures
UDL@Dawson CoP fosters and supports a shift in pedagogical paradigm aimed at implementing inclusive instruction through the Universal Design for Learning model (UDL).
Objectives of the community of practice
- Offer a safe and collaborative environment throughout meetings and reflection processes among members.
- Train and support five members per calendar year.
- Nourish the CoP by facilitating the exchange between Dawson’s previous and present members.
- Facilitate exchange on the UDL model across the college network.
- Facilitate the development of a UDL model/pedagogy Quebec network.
Members’ Yearly Objectives
- Introduce the model and appropriate the three UDL principles through workshops, theoretical readings, videos and discussions.
- Create an environment and pedagogy that are
- Apply a pedagogical approach that leads to student autonomy.
- Implement the model in a course of choice through the three means of UDL
- Offer multiple means of Representation
- Offer multiple means of Action & Expression
- Offer multiple means of Engagement
- Create a Portfolio to be posted on UDL@Dawson WebPage.
- Become an advocate of the UDL model and share one’s personal UDL journey with faculty members.
Become a UDL leader within the Quebec College Network.
Procedures of the Community of Practice UDL@Dawson
It is a yearly commitment.
- Participation during the Winter Semester is on a volunteer basis. It is a session for training and reflection.
- During the following Fall Semester, participation requires release time for the implementation of the UDL model in the course of one’s choice, and on-going reflection and sharing among members.