3F.5 Low-tech AL Classroom
3F.5 is the second of Dawson’s 2nd generation low-tech Active Learning Classroom.
It was built in 2016 and was designed with flexible table arrangements in mind. It features large whiteboards around the perimeter of the room for use by students.
- 18 rectangular tables that can be setup in multiple arrangements.
- 42 chairs (on casters) for a total room capacity of up to 42 students;
- 6 large wall-mounted whiteboards;
- A set of small portable whiteboards for individual/small-group use;
- Colour coding for each writable-glass & whiteboard space identified by coloured wall segments above each board;
- A small teacher podium on casters that holds the teacher’s wireless keyboard and mouse and has room for books and notes.
Technology, Lighting & Sound
- A single teacher-dedicated SMART Board with a dedicated projector and pull-down screen that assures that the teacher board is visible to all students
- Flexible lighting that includes direct lighting for all whiteboards as well as general room lighting – all on separate switches;
- A sound system with speakers in the ceiling that can broadcast sound from the teacher SMART Board. For details on how to use the sound system click here.