Table of Contents
Continuing Education offers you many options for furthering your career, your knowledge, your interests and your training. There is something here for everyone; you just have to choose what is right for you.
At Dawson, you will benefit from:
a large selection of credit and non-credit courses and programs, covering a wide range of disciplines and fields
- responsiveness to students’ various academic or professional development needs
- a highly qualified teaching body
- an enriching multicultural environment
- a convenient downtown location with direct access to Atwater Metro and several bus lines
What is Continuing Education at Dawson College? Continuing Education takes many forms. Read on to see what fits your interests and goals best.
Credit courses and programs
DEC Pre-U Programs
Programs leading to a diploma of college studies (DEC) in science or social science.
Springboard to DCS program
The Springboard to a DCS (D.E.C.) program is designed for students who want to take CEGEP credit courses in order to
- explore CEGEP studies
- complete prerequisites required for admission to a CEGEP program
- upgrade their academic record to improve chances of admission or readmission to a CEGEP program
- upgrade language skills
- complete a CEGEP program.
For students who wish to complete courses specifically required by a university for admission to a program. Students registered in this program can be either part-time or full-time. More information on University Prerequisites.
Attestation d’études collégiales (AEC)
AEC programs are designed to provide adult learners with the training they need for today’s job market. Depending on the program, an AEC can take between 6 months and 2 years to complete.
Recognition of Acquired Competencies (RAC)
RAC is for adults who have a significant experience in a specific field and wish to have this experience officially recognized.
Centre for Training & Development (CTD)
The Centre for Training and Development is for individuals who wish to take courses in arts, computer & technology, languages, photography, professional & personal development and emploi-Quebec subsidized courses.