Table of Contents
From September 12 to December 12.
Registration for Fall 2019 activities begins September 12th at the PARC room 1H.4.
|Pilates||Valarie Stephenson||M,W||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||4F.1|
|Pilates||Valarie Stephenson||T, H||12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||5B.16|
|Circuit training||Jamie Valois||M,T,W,H||12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||1H.2|
|Circuit training||Matthew Manou||M,T,W,H||5:00 – 6:00 p.m.||1H.2|
|Spinning||Jan Giblin||M,W||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||-2H.1|
|Hatha-Power (Yoga)||Camren Romero||M, W||12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||5B.16|
|Hatha-Power (Yoga)||Camren Romero||T, H||5:00 – 6:00 p.m.||5B.16|
|Zumba||Marya Erradi||T||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||0H.3|
|Sokafit||Tania Paris||H||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||0H.3|
|Kung Fu||Ricky Lew||M,W||6:00 – 7:30 p.m.||0H.3|
|Advance Karate||Wayne Donivan||T||7:30 – 9:30 p.m.||0H.3|
|Women’s Self Defense||Ricky Lew||H||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||4F.1|
|Rock Climbing||Tory Jarvis||M,W||6:00 – 9:00 p.m.||-1H.2|
Fitness and Weight Training
|Monday – Friday||Monday and Wednesday
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. & 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. for Circuit
Tuesday and Thursday
|PARC Training Centre||1H.2|
|Monday – Thursday||6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.||PARC Training Centre||-1H.1|
Open Gym Sports
Start a team or join a team, bring old friends or make new ones: You’ll have a great time during your breaks playing your favourite sport.
|8:00 – 9:45 a.m.||Co-Soccer -1H.2|
|10:00 – 11:45 a.m.||Badminton*
|10:00 – 2:00 p.m.||Ping Pong
|12:00 – 1:45 p.m.||Volleyball -1H.2|
|6:00 – 7:45 p.m.||Co-Basketball -1H.2|
|7:45 – 9:15 p.m.||Badminton
- * Monday Badminton starts on Monday, October 21st, 2019.
Registration & Membership
When: Registration for Fall 2019 classes starts September 12th online. Open House runs from September 03 – September 12.
Where: You can register in person at The PARC or online.
What to bring: A Photo ID and/or Dawson ID card.
All registered members must present their proof of membership to the instructor upon entering an activity at the PARC.
All access Prices
- $60.00 Full-time/Part-time Dawson Students
- $30.00 103 Gym Dawson Students
- $60.00 Dawson Staff
- $100.00 Alumni
- $150.00 Public
- $3.00 Dawson students
- $5.00 Staff
- $6.00 Alumni
- $7.00 Public
- Locker use is free.
- Lock rentals $2.00
Online payments must be made with VISA or MasterCard. INTERAC transactions must be done in person at the PARC. The PARC centre does not accept cash.
Please ensure that you have a picture I.D. for identification purposes when registering, as well as any documentation required for student, staff or alumni discounts.
Access and Conduct
- Please show your proof of membership to the instructor.
- All personal items must be stored in a locker.
- The college’s code of conduct is in affect to all members.
- Only sport training clothing, such as T-shirt, shorts or sweat pants and other athletic warm-up gear are to be worn on premises. Jeans, jeans shorts, any article of clothing with zippers or rivets and other regular outdoor attire are not permitted on the fitness centre floor.
- Athletic footwear (closed toe and heel) must be worn by all users while training in the facility.
- Water is the only sustenance allowed in this facility. Water must be in a plastic re-sealable container. No gum or other food please.
- Please bring a towel.
- Respect the machines (and your body) by using all equipment as per its designed use.
- Please ask for assistance if you are not sure about training methodology.
- Return any portable equipment to its original storage space after use.
- Do not bounce free weights or plates on the floor. Do not lean plates against adjacent training machines.
- All free weight equipment must be kept in the free weight area
- Train with and attempt only weight resistance that you can safely control.
- Use spotters when using heavy weight on the benches or in the Olympic press area.
- Training belts are to be used only for required training sets.
- Collars (safety clamps) must be used with all bars in the free weightlifting area.
- Do not linger on the machines between sets – so that others can use equipment.
- Please wipe dry any equipment after use using the paper towels and disinfectant provided.
- Weights and bars of any kind cannot be leaned against the wall, pillars, equipment or mirrors.
- Maintain open pathways for easy access and traffic movement.
- Please respect your fellow members training schedules; sign up for cardiovascular equipment may be required during peak periods.
- Members may not remove any equipment from the training area.