Graduates of Dawson College who complete their studies in Summer 2018, Fall 2018 or Winter 2019 will be invited to attend their graduation ceremony at Place des Arts.
- Date: To be confirmed
- 2:30 p.m. for students graduating in Science, Medical Studies and Engineering and in Creative and Applied Arts
- 7:30 p.m. for students graduating in Social Science and Business Technologies and with Attestations of College Studies (AEC)
- Place: To be confirmed
If you have questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com
In April, you will receive a message via MIO or by e-mail to advise you that you have either completed the graduation requirements of your DEC diploma or Attestation program or that you are a potential graduate (if you are finishing in the Winter Term).
The message will instruct you on how to RSVP to the graduation ceremony, as well as asking you to provide your height so that we may order the correct size of graduation gown. There are no caps.
In May, those who have confirmed their attendance to the ceremony will receive a second message by MIO to give you all the details you need for participating in the event. This will include ticket pick-up date and time and instructions.
This is how ticket distribution works:
- You will be asked to come to the College, usually in the Lower Atrium (Metro level), on a specific date about a week before the ceremony.
- At the ticket pick-up point, you will be asked to show your ID (if you can’t make it, another person can come in your place to pick up your tickets with your ID). You will receive an information sheet with instructions on what you need to do on the day of the ceremony.
- You will also receive a “graduate” ticket for yourself and tickets for your guests. The maximum number of guest tickets will only be determined once all RSVPs have been received to ensure that everyone has a fair chance at guest tickets. There is no charge for the tickets.
- If any tickets are left after the first round of distribution, we will send a MIO and post it on social media (Facebook and Twitter: My Dawson College). You can pick up extra tickets the day after ticket pick-up while quantities last on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Once there are no more tickets, there are no more tickets. The venue will not allow anyone to enter the hall without a ticket. So please make sure you take only the number of tickets you know will be used.