Graduates of Dawson College who complete their studies in Summer 2017, Fall 2017 or Winter 2018 are invited to attend their graduation ceremony at Place des Arts.
- Date: June 21, 2018
- 2:30 p.m. for students graduating in Science, Medical Studies and Engineering and in Creative and Applied Arts
- 7:30 p.m. for students graduating in Social Science and Business Technologies and with Attestations of College Studies (AEC)
- Place: Théâtre Maisonneuve, Place des Arts
- RSVP: My Dawson Portal* > My College Services > Graduation RSVP
- RSVP Deadline: Friday, May 4, 2018
Official communication about graduation, including the number of guest tickets you will receive at no charge, will be sent to you by MIO after the RSVP deadline.
If you have questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In April, you will receive a message via MIO or by e-mail to advise you that you have either completed the graduation requirements of your DEC diploma or Attestation program or that you are a potential graduate (if you are finishing in the Winter Term).
The message will instruct you on how to RSVP to the graduation ceremony, as well as asking you to provide your height so that we may order the correct size of graduation gown. There are no caps.
In May, those who have confirmed their attendance to the ceremony will receive a second message by MIO to give you all the details you need for participating in the event. This will include ticket pick-up date and time and instructions.
This is how ticket distribution works:
- You will be asked to come to the College, usually in the Lower Atrium (Metro level), on a specific date about a week before the ceremony.
- At the ticket pick-up point, you will be asked to show your ID (if you can’t make it, another person can come in your place to pick up your tickets with your ID). You will receive an information sheet with instructions on what you need to do on the day of the ceremony.
- You will also receive a “graduate” ticket for yourself and tickets for your guests. The maximum number of guest tickets will only be determined once all RSVPs have been received to ensure that everyone has a fair chance at guest tickets. There is no charge for the tickets.
- If any tickets are left after the first round of distribution, we will send a MIO and post it on social media (Facebook and Twitter: My Dawson College). You can pick up extra tickets the day after ticket pick-up while quantities last on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Once there are no more tickets, there are no more tickets. Place des Arts will not allow anyone to enter the hall without a ticket. So please make sure you take only the number of tickets you know will be used.
Graduates are requested to be at Place des Arts between an hour and 90 minutes before the ceremony starts so there is time to be checked in, gowned and marshalled correctly into place. You must enter through the main doors to the Théâtre Maisonneuve. From there, you will be directed to the processing and dressing area.
Guests may enter the hall 45 minutes before the start of each ceremony.
After the ceremony, graduates and their guests are invited to a vin d’honneur. The ceremony generally lasts about two hours, including the closing reception.
Traffic and parking around Place des Arts is always difficult. If driving to the ceremony, please allow extra time to arrive at the venue at the appointed hour. Metro is the best option.
Information for Faculty and Staff
Employees of Dawson College are invited to attend the Graduation Ceremonies. An e-mail goes out to the community in May. The first few front rows of the hall are reserved for faculty and staff, although specially designated VIP tickets must be picked up in 4A.1 once they become available to confirm attendance.
Members of Senate, the Board of Governors, Chairs and Coordinators of all programs and profiles, deans, assistant deans and special guests are invited to be part of the platform party.
An e-mail memo is sent to these groups in late April or early May to provide information and to request information about academic dress as each member of the platform party is dressed according to the gowns and caps of his or her alma mater and degree.
There are two ceremonies once again this year as a result of very large graduating classes. Graduates of Science, Medical Studies and Engineering and Creative and Applied Arts will be celebrated at the 2:30 p.m. ceremony, while graduates of Social Science and Business Technologies and those receiving Attestations of College Studies (AEC) will be honoured at the 7:30 p.m. ceremony. You will be asked to state which of the two ceremonies you will attend, or both ceremonies. RSVP with the Director General’s Office, as instructed in the e-mail memo.
The members of the platform party are asked to arrive at Place des Arts by 1:15 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony and at 6:15 p.m. for the evening ceremony to be checked in and gowned. You must enter via the Artists’ Entrance at 1400 Saint-Urbain.
A vin d’honneur is held immediately after the formal portion of the program. The ceremony generally lasts about two hours including the closing reception.
If you require information about the Graduation Ceremonies that is not covered here, contact us at email@example.com.