The Athletic Therapy Clinic has been in operation for over 20 years and provides professional treatment essential in the care of sport and other activity-related injuries, performed by certified athletic therapists. We offer services for the student population, staff and general public. Our goal is to provide quality and affordable athletic therapy services for the active population.
Certified Athletic Therapists
Certified Athletic Therapists are best known for on-field emergency care. They are the first to respond when someone gets hurt, applying their knowledge of assessment and rehabilitation. Athletic Therapists manage the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries (muscles, bones, and joints), whether acute or chronic and on or off the field.
An athletic Therapist’s goal is to help clients return to their usual activities, whether that means playing competitive sports or walking to the mailbox and back.
- Recognition and evaluation of any acute injuries or chronic pains
- Treatment and complete rehabilitation
- Prevention of musculoskeletal injuries by exercise prescription
What do we Treat?
- Post Concussion syndrome
Lower Back Pain
- Femoral nerve entrapment
- Mid back pain (Thoracic spine / ribs / shoulder blades)
Upper Body Pain
- Shoulder (Tendonitis, Bursitis, Capsulitis)
- Elbow pain (Golfer’s/tennis elbow)
- Wrist pain (Carpal tunnel, Tenosynovitis)
Lower Body Pain
- Hip pain (Bursitis, Tendonitis, Groin strains, Abdominal strains)
- Knee pain (Patella femoral syndrome, Chondromalacia, Osgood-Schlater, Jumper’s knee)
- Ankle/foot pain (Sprains, Achilles tendonitis, Heel spurs, Plantar fasciitis, Bunions)
How do we treat?
Athletic therapists perform specialized rehabilitation techniques that ensure a safe and rapid return to activity. Among those are manual therapy, exercise prescription as well as electrical modalities. They treat a wide range of patients, from kids with concussions to seniors recovering from hip replacement surgery, using various manual therapies, modalities, exercise prescription and even bracing and taping. These approaches promote proper healing for all musculoskeletal injuries amongst Quebec’s active population.