- Application Deadline:March 1
- Profile Code:081.PR & 081.OR
- Program Length:1 year
If you would like to:
- Prepare for admission to a pre-university science program or science-related technical program
- Obtain the necessary prerequisites you may have missed in Secondary V
- Gain exposure to foundational mathematics and science concepts
- Explore different options before committing to a program of study
- Get a headstart on college-level General Education courses (English, French, Humanities, Physical Education and Complementaries)
Then Pathways could be for you.
The aim of Dawson’s new Pathways Program is to foster student success by offering training that enables students to begin or complete a program of study leading to a Diploma of College Studies.
Students can apply to one of two Pathway streams:
- Science and Technology Prerequisites (081.PR): a preparatory program designed for students who plan to apply to pre-university science programs or science-related technical programs (Engineering Technologies and Medical Technologies) but who have not yet fulfilled the admission prerequisites of Secondary IV or Secondary V Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry to these programs.
- Orientation (081.OR): a preparatory program designed for students who are looking to explore different options before committing to a program of study.
What you will learn?
- Foundational mathematical concepts needed to continue in a CEGEP science program
- High school-level chemistry knowledge necessary to advance to CEGEP-level courses
- Principles of physics that open doors to programs with a physics prerequisite
- General Education credits, freeing you to focus on program-specific courses once admitted to your chosen science-related DEC program
Where will this program lead you?
Following successful completion of the one-year Pathways bridging program, students can apply to a CEGEP science-related program for which they have acquired the prerequisites.
What else you should know?
- Completion of this springboard program does not provide students with a DEC
- Students may apply for a program transfer to a DEC program after only one semester
- Students may only spend a maximum of two semesters in the Pathways Program
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- To be eligible for admission, applicants to the Science and Technology Prerequisites stream must be missing at least one prerequisite from a program of the Science, Medical Studies & Engineering sector.