The Quality Assurance and Planning Office (QAPO) was launched in March 2017. The office is led by Katherine McWhaw and reports to the Director General. In addition to taking on the responsibilities previously held by the Office of Institutional Research (OIR), it has assumed new ones related to the College’s main quality assurance mechanisms.
DEFINITION OF QUALITY ASSURANCE
Quality assurance includes the measurement, benchmarking and monitoring of processes and outcomes to ensure that an educational institution’s strategic goals are achieved, and its services and programs are of the highest quality. The two main purposes of having quality assurance mechanisms are for continuous improvement and accountability.
WHAT WE DO
- Develop, gather and analyze data for monitoring the implementation of the College’s Strategic Plan;
- Conduct annual environmental scans in support of the strategic planning process, identify trends and make recommendations;
- Conduct the cyclical quality assurance audit as directed by the Commission d’évaluation de l’enseignement collégial (CEEC);
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in support of student success;
- Support the academic administration in the evaluation of academic programs of study;
- Support senior management in the evaluation of non-academic departments;
- Support the academic administration in the evaluation of teachers;
- Coordinate the operations for final examinations in DEC programs and Continuing Education;
- Support the Sustainability Office in tracking and uploading data and evidence related to the sustainability goal as outlined in the Strategic Plan;
- Provide data to government agencies as required;
- Provide ad-hoc analyses as requested.