Department of Physics
Dr. Manuel Toharia has completed postdoctoral research positions in the field of particle physics at the University of Michigan, Syracuse University and University of Maryland and since 2010 he has worked as a part-time research associate at Concordia University in Montreal. In 2010 he joined the faculty of Dawson College in the Physics Department.
In 2015, Manuel was awarded a three-year FRQNT college researcher grant for his project “Higgs phenomenology in warped extra dimensions”. He is author or co-author of some 30 peer-reviewed articles and is a referee for the journals Physical Review D, Physical Review Letters and European Physical Journal C.
Check out The Dawson College High Energy Particle Physics Group page to learn more about Manuel’s research.
- M. Frank, N. Pourtolami and M. Toharia, “Higgs boson production and decay in 5D warped models,” Phys. Rev. D93, no.5,056004 (2016)
- A. Diaz-Furlong, M. Frank, N. Pourtolami, M. Toharia and R. Xoxocotzi, (preprint submitted to Phys Rev D, awaiting for acceptance) “Flavor-changing decays of the top quark in 5D warped models,” arXiv:1603.08929 (arxiv preprint number).
- “Partial mu-tau Textures and Leptogenesis”, By Cherif Hamzaoui, Salah Nasri, Manuel Toharia. Phys.Rev. D89 (2014) 073019.
- “Higgs Production in General 5D Warped Models” By Mariana Frank, Nima Pourtolami, Manuel Toharia. Phys.Rev. D89 (2014) 016012.
- “Higgs Bosons in Warped Space, from the Bulk to the Brane” By Mariana Frank, Nima Pourtolami, Manuel Toharia. Phys.Rev. D87 (2013) 9, 096003.
- “Saving the fourth generation Higgs with radion mixing” By Mariana Frank, Beste Korutlu, Manuel Toharia. Phys.Rev. D85 (2012) 115025.
- “Higgs-Radion interpretation of the LHC data?” By Bohdan Grzadkowski, John F. Gunion, Manuel Toharia. Phys.Lett. B712 (2012) 70-80.
- “Higgs Mediated FCNC’s in Warped Extra Dimensions”, by Aleksandr Azatov, Manuel Toharia, Lijun Zhu. Phys.Rev. D80 (2009) 035016.
- “Metastable kinks in the orbifold”, by Manuel Toharia, Mark Trodden. Phys.Rev.Lett. 100 (2008) 041602.
Full list of publications listed in INSPIRE.
- Licenciatura en Ciencias Fisicas, Universidad Autonoma of Madrid
- MSc, Physics, Université du Québec a Montréal
- PhD, Theoretical Particle Physics, University of California at Davis, 2004