I want to become a tutor
How It Works
Contact the Academic Skills Centre via email@example.com.
All tutors must:
- Have received a grade of 85% or better in the course they tutor
- Be in excellent academic standing
- Take part in a tutor training workshop
- Be a full-time student at Dawson
English tutors must:
- Complete a diagnostic test
- Have a recommendation from a teacher
- Attend on-going training workshops
- To help the student understand and apply course concepts
- To increase the probability of the student’s success
- To focus on the student’s learning needs and concerns
- To provide the student with a stress-free tutoring experience
- To increase the student’s self-confidence and motivation
- To respect the student and maintain the confidentiality of tutoring sessions
- To be prepared and on time for the student’s tutoring session
- To provide a record of each tutoring session
A tutor provides expertise, experience, and encouragement.
They do not provide “answers,” but rather assist in problem solving and getting answers.