I want a tutor
Peer Tutoring information
Peer tutors are Dawson students who help with material for specific courses. A full list of courses is available on our online scheduling system, but subject areas include:
- Reviewing high school Math & Science material (choose Remedial Activities for Secondary IV and V courses)
- Social Science
- Career Programs
- Foreign languages (not English or French)
Tutoring for English courses is provided on consultation with an ASC Staff member; tutoring for French courses is provided by CLEO.
For study skills, time management, English language skills, or the English Exit Test, make an appointment with an ASC Staff member.
All ASC services are free to Dawson students.
Schedule time with a Peer Tutor
- Using your Dawson email, log into WCOnline, our online scheduling system.
- Follow the instructions to create an account using your Dawson email, if needed.
- Select the course you want, choose an open block of time, and fill out your Appointment Form to make an appointment with a tutor.
- You can have a maximum of 2 hours of peer tutoring per week. Sessions can be scheduled for a maximum of 1 hour.
- If the course you want does not currently have a peer tutor, use the “Send Message to Center” menu in WCOnline to send us your student ID and the course you need a tutor for.
- To understand and complete course requirements
- To take action to solve academic problems encountered in courses
- To use the online scheduling system to reserve tutoring sessions
- To attend the scheduled appointment prepared and on time, and remain for the duration of the tutorial
- To show respectful and appropriate behaviour during tutoring sessions
- To refrain from cheating, plagiarism, and other dishonest or deceptive behaviour
- To participate in evaluations of the tutoring program when requested