I want a tutor
Ask for a tutor
- Make your request at the reception desk in the Academic Skills Centre (6D.2, upstairs in the Library).
- If there is an available tutor, you will be matched and given the name and contact information right away.
- Call or e-mail your tutor for an appointment.
- You are entitled to a maximum of 10 hours of tutoring per subject through the semester. Normally, you will meet with your tutor in one-hour sessions, for no more than two hours per week. You can have tutors for up to two subjects (not including English).
- This is a free service to Dawson students.
- To understand and complete course requirements
- To take action to solve academic problems encountered in courses
- To contact the tutor to make appointments for tutoring sessions
- To arrive prepared and on time, and remain for the duration of the tutorial
- To show respectful and appropriate behaviour during tutoring sessions
- To refrain from cheating, plagiarism and other dishonest or deceptive behaviour
- To participate in evaluations of the tutoring program when requested
Last Modified: September 25, 2018