DawsonAI + AI Launch Lab
Attention all #AI thrill-seekers of the Dawson student body, we’ve got exciting news!
DawsonAI and AI Launch Lab are proud to announce an exciting opportunity for all college students to learn AI through hands-on workshops that take place on Saturdays this winter! This is your opportunity to start gaining the skills to become an AI master.
The workshop series, given primarily in English, will cover a wide range of AI topics like data manipulation, fundamental machine learning models, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and other advanced topics, where students will have the opportunity to learn about AI and how to apply it. Students do not need to have prior experience or be technologically proficient in order to participate. The sessions are structured such that students at all levels of skill and knowledge can participate and benefit from the instruction, accompanied by AI specialists all along the way.
The 8-week program starts Saturday, March 4, 2023. Many of the meetings will be virtual and take place from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM on Saturdays. Once registered, further information about the schedule and activity details will be provided.
Notably, during the Winter 2023 cohort students will be provided with an opportunity to participate in a conference and weekend challenge with the theme of “Data Storytelling” hosted at Dawson College March 24-26.
Register here: https://launchlab.ai/rd-program/
ORIENTATION SESSION 1: February 26
ORIENTATION SESSION 1: March 1
- Orientation and introduction to self-learning tools
- Introduction to AI and Machine Learning
Weeks 2 – 8:
- Through workshops covering a wide range of AI topics like data manipulation, fundamental machine learning models, deep learning, reinforcement learning, AI ethics and other advanced topics, you will have the opportunity to learn about AI and how to apply it.
- Using your new AI skills and further independent research, you will work on various weekly tasks
- Along the way, you will have support from AI specialists to help guide you in exploring new tools.
- At the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to compile and present your work and learnings. You will leave with a fantastic portfolio!
- Workshops will be given in English
- All workshops are interactive and include Q&A sessions
- The duration of each workshop is approximately 2.5 to 3 hours
- There will be some in-person activities in Winter 2023 including a workshop that will be part of a weekend challenge hosted at Dawson College.
Winter 2023 Schedule*
|Saturday, March 4|
|1||Introduction to Machine Learning|
|Saturday, March 11|
|2||Python Crash Course – Part 1|
|3||Introduction to Ethics, Equity and Bias in Technology – Part 1|
|Saturday, March 18|
|4||Python Crash Course – Part 2|
|5||Introduction to Data, AI, and Machine Ethics – Part 2|
|Saturday-Sunday, March 25-26|
|6||Weekend Challenge at Dawson College. In-person workshop on Saturday.
|Saturday, April 1|
|7||Neural Network Architectures & Supervised Learning
|Saturday, April 15|
|8||More Architectures: Convolutions, Recurrence and Transformers|
|Saturday, April 22|
|9||Unsupervised Learning & Generative Models|
|Saturdays, April 29 and May 6|
|10||Practical Aspects of AI & Case Studies|
|11||AI and Machine Ethics Workshop|
* Session schedule and modules are tentative and subject to change.
- Expand your data science portfolio and work on real projects
- Tailor your experience and give yourself complete independence
- Collaborate with others and get your AI projects going
- Kickstart your career in AI, with professional mentorship
If you were wondering whether AI is everywhere, it is! The skills that you gain from AI training programs are applicable to almost any field and give you the opportunity to gain real experience.
This program aims to fill that gap by helping CÉGEP students. If you apply now, you are taking a step forward to get ahead in your industry.
Don’t miss your chance!
Winter 2023 Application: