DawsonAI + AI Launch Lab
Attention all #AI thrill-seekers of the Dawson student body, we’ve got exciting news!
DawsonAI and AI Launch Lab are proud to announce an exciting opportunity for all college students to learn AI through hands-on workshops that take place on Saturdays this Fall! This is your opportunity to start gaining the skills to become an AI master.
The workshop series, given primarily in English, will cover a wide range of AI topics like AI ethics, fundamental machine learning models, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and other advanced topics, where students will have the opportunity to learn about the impacts of AI and how to apply it. Students do not need to have prior experience or be technologically proficient in order to participate. The sessions are structured such that students at all levels of skill and knowledge can participate and benefit from the instruction, accompanied by AI specialists all along the way.
The 8-week program starts Saturday, September 30, 2023. Many of the meetings will be virtual and take place from 10:00 AM-1:30 PM on Saturdays. Once registered, further information about the schedule and activity details will be provided.
Notably, during the Winter 2024 cohort students will be provided with an opportunity to participate in a student-centered AI conference showcasing projects along with a data challenge with the theme of “Data Storytelling” hosted at Dawson College.
Register here: https://launchlab.ai/rd-program/ and visit for more information about the AI Launch Lab program.
ORIENTATION SESSION: September 23, 2023
- Create your own AI project with fellow students
- Work alongside AI experts
- Delve into diverse AI topics
- Explore ethical considerations
- Present your AI project with your team
- Kickstart a career in AI, with professional mentorship
- Orientation and introduction to self-learning tools
- Introduction to AI and Machine Learning
Weeks 2 – 8:
- Through workshops covering a wide range of AI topics like data manipulation, fundamental machine learning models, deep learning, reinforcement learning, AI ethics and other advanced topics, you will have the opportunity to learn about AI and how to apply it.
- Using your new AI skills, you’ll have the chance to embark on your very own AI project alongside your team.
- Along the way, you will have support from AI specialists to help guide you in exploring new tools.
- Upon completing the program, you’ll be able to present your project and learnings, You will leave with an impressive portfolio!
- Workshops will be given in English
- All workshops are interactive and include Q&A sessions
- The duration of each workshop is approximately 3 to 3.5 hours
- There will be some in-person activities in Winter 2024 to showcase projects and including a workshop that will be part of a weekend challenge hosted at Dawson College.
Fall 2023 Cohort’s Schedule and Topics
|Saturday, September 30|
|September 30||Machine Learning 101|
|Introduction to Ethics in AI|
|October 7||Planning ML Projects + Project Blueprint + Case Studies|
|Python Crash Course + Coding with LLM in teams|
|October 14||AI for Good|
|October 21||Introduction to NLP|
|October 28||Ethics in the Model Development Cycle|
|November 4||Computer Vision (Convolutions) – TBC|
|November 11||Project Work with Mentors + AI Activity|
|November 18||Team AI Project Presentations|
* During the workshop on each Saturday, students will have an opportunity to collaborate with their teammates to work on their AI project.
If you were wondering whether AI is everywhere, it is! The skills that you gain from AI training programs are applicable to almost any field and give you the opportunity to gain real experience.
This program aims to fill that gap by helping CÉGEP students. If you apply now, you are taking a step forward to get ahead in your industry.
Don’t miss your chance!
Fall 2023 Application:
Visit: https://launchlab.ai/rd-program/ for more information about the AI Launch Lab program and to register.