Pedagogical SupportClick "Request Support" for help with:
- Structuring My Course
- Engaging Students
- Assessment Design
- Optional In-person Activities/Hybrid Rooms
For technical support related to Zoom, Lea or Moodle, please contact the Dawson Helpdesk
Click on a link at the time mentioned to join the live session.
April 21, 2021
Medical Case StudiesJoin Dr. Stuart Lubarsky (Institute of Health Sciences Education, McGill) to discuss the foundations of health sciences learning and expertise development; case development in the context of assessment (clinical reasoning); and how cases can evolve with complexity and different levels of scaffolding over the life of a program. This session is geared toward faculty teaching in the medical programs.1:00 pm - 2:30 pmJoin
April 22, 2021
There's Something in the Water: Environmental Racism in Black and Indigenous CommunitiesIngrid R.G. Waldron (Dalhousie University) author and co-writer of the Netflix documentary by the same name narrated by Elliot Page, will speak to systemic racism as it pertains to the climate crisis, health outcomes, and longstanding environmental degradation in racialized communities. Hosted by the Peace Centre.1:00 pm - 2:15 pmJoin
April 23, 2021
Classrooms 2.0!Two new general classrooms have been renovated and will be in use when we return to in-person teaching. CLASSROOMS 2.0 are flexible spaces that can accommodate different pedagogies. They were designed with input from faculty - but need our help: Please join us as we take a (virtual) look at these rooms and then discuss and compile “tips” for how to best use them. If you’re curious about these new classrooms and want to help make these new spaces a success, please join us! Hosted by the Dawson Active Learning Community (DALC)2:30 pm - 4:00 pmJoin
April 28, 2021
Current Perspectives on Anti-racismDr. Sabrina Jafralie will facilitate a discussion on anti-black racism in Canada and Quebec with a focus on what diversity, inclusion and social equity look like in a variety of cases and situations in educational institutions. She will provide actionable tools for being an ally in promoting anti-racism, and help build a stronger community through dialogue. This session builds upon on-going conversations hosted or co-hosted by Human Resources and contributes to employee professional development. *All employees are welcome to attend this session. Support Staff and Professionals who wish to attend should have approval from their manager.9:00 am-11:00 amJoin
April 30, 2021
Creating an Online Environment to Support Learning: From Theory to PracticeGuests: Sarah Anthony, PhD (Centre d'enseignement du français, Université McGill) & Alida Souce (McGill University). Engaging students in online learning presents different challenges than teaching face to face. In this presentation, we will look at how the theory tackles some of these issues and reflect on what we did as practitioners to create online environments for better learning.1:00 pm - 2:00 pmJoin
Show & Tell: CourseFlow in ActionCourseFlow is a versatile tool that can be used to plan activities, courses or entire programs. CourseFlows can be exclusively used by teachers or shared with students. Hosted by the Dawson Active Learning Community (DALC).2:30 pm - 4:00 pmJoin
May 7, 2021
Reworking the World's Education with Personalized AI TutorsJoin Guest Speaker Iulian Vlad Serban, Ph.D. Chief Executive Officer of Korbit Technologies in this session co-hosted by the Dawson Active Learning Community (DALC) and the Dawson AI Initiative.2:30 pm - 4:00 pmJoin
May 14, 2021
Drop-in Wine & CheeseJoin your colleagues in a decompression session – BYOB! Hosted by the Dawson Active Learning Community (DALC)2:30 pm - 4:00 pmJoin
Online Teaching Resources
Webinar Recordings & Video Tutorials
- Check out recordings of Faculty Hub webinars and video tutorials related to online teaching.
- Dawson Celebrates Earth Week(s) - April 19-30!
- First Nations HRDC/CRISPESH Website Launch - April 20!
- New Decolonization and Anti-racism Resource Pages on the Faculty Hub
- Strategies for Antiracist and Decolonized Teaching
- The Intel on AI: Adaptech Looks at Post-Secondary Students with Disabilities and Artificial Intelligence - April 7, 2021
- Vanier Symposium on the Holocaust and Genocide - April 12-16, 2021
- SALTISE Webinar - March 26 - The Teamwork Challenge: Research to Practice
- A Year of Remote Teaching: the Good, the Bad, and the Next Steps
- Introduction à la conduite responsable en recherche - 24 mars
- Circles for Reconciliation - Volunteers Wanted for Student-led Initiative
- Entente Canada-Québec Funding Requests - Deadline Announced
- After COVID-19: What’s Next for Online Learning? - Webinar on March 22
- Meeting the Sustainable Development Goals - Canada's 2030 National Strategy
- Lunch and Learn: Covid-19 Impacts on the Adaptation of College Students with Disabilities - March 3
- New Faculty Orientation - March 17th!