New Resource for Dawson Faculty: Teaching with Moodle!
A new resource is available to faculty. It is an asynchronous, self-paced online course called “Teaching with Moodle”, which has been developed by Madeleine Bazerghi (Pedagogical Counsellor, OAD).
Moodle allows teachers to:
• upload files such as narrated PowerPoints, videos, jpegs, word, excel, pdfs;
• use the Chat and Forum features in order to communicate with students, possibly limiting the quantity of emails you receive;
• engage students with wikis, workshops, glossaries, H5P integration, databases etc.;
• build a lesson using the “book” feature, where students can navigate a lesson, page by page;
• obtain feedback from your students;
• poll your students;
• record short video or audio clips to supplement text-based content;
• check student learning with formative quizzes or assignments;
• create a bank of exam questions that can be shuffled and chosen at random so that every student has a different exam;
• correct your exams;
• track student progress;
• provide feedback.
Once you build a course in Moodle, the same course can be edited or re-used. This asynchronous, self-paced, online course is designed to help you learn about Moodle, or refine your Moodle skills. Follow the entire course, or select modules according to your interests.