Starting in 2022-2023, students in this program are eligible to apply for a Perspective Scholarship (Programme de bourses Perspective Québec) valued at $1 500 for every successful term for a total of $9 000 for a three-year program.
- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:420.B0
- DEC in:Computer Science Technology
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Solve new and challenging problems every day
- Feel a builder’s pride and satisfaction
- Use your creativity
- Figure out logic games and riddles
- Work in virtually any industry
Then the Computer Science Technology Program could be for you.
The Computer Science Technology Program equips students with the most in-demand skills needed for a career in software development or other information technology fields. In our state-of-the-industry labs, your hands-on learning experience will cover web applications, mobile apps, business software, automation tools and machine learning. Dawson’s Computer Science teachers pride themselves on incorporating the latest technology in their courses. The program concludes with an internship, which helps launch students into a successful career.
I walked out of this program with hands-on coding experience and strong knowledge of industry-standard concepts. It opened so many doors for me!— Trevor E.
What you will learn?
- To create state-of-the-art software systems, including web, mobile and cloud-based applications
- To use multiple programming languages in various operating systems
- To develop analytical and problem-solving skills
- To develop algorithmic and logical thinking
- To be resilient and autonomous
- To spark your curiosity and creativity
- To work and collaborate as part of a team
Where will this program lead you?
A DEC in Computer Science Technology prepares graduates to work in virtually any industry and in a diversity of roles, such as:
- software developer
- web developer (front and back end)
- mobile software developer
- quality assurance tester
- other computer science related careers
The Computer Science Technology Program also prepares students to pursue university studies in programs related to the field, such as Computer Science, Software Engineering and Computer Engineering.
What else you should know?
- You do not need any programming knowledge to begin this program
- You may qualify for paid summer work terms (called a Work-Study Option or Alternance travail-études) after your first and second years
- From work stations to servers to cloud, all computers at Dawson College are networked and equipped with the software tools and components regularly used in industry. Most software programs are also available to students for home use
- DawsCon is a free one-day software development conference held in January that brings international experts to Dawson College to share their knowledge with students
- Graduates enjoy advanced standing credits for some university programs while other programs may require out-of-program prerequisite courses
What do you need to get in?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec IV Mathematics – Technical and Scientific Option or Science Option 564-426 or 565-426 or Sec V Mathematics, Cultural, Social and Technical Option 563-504