The computer science and technology program provides a valuable summer internship placement opportunities to 1st and 2nd year in the form of the L’Alternance travail-études (ATE) program. Students who participate in the program complete two paid work terms of 8 to 12 weeks. The work terms take place in the summer following first and second years.
Students Skills & Abilities
By participating in the program, employers have the following advantages:
- Directly accessing students ready to join the work force after their internships.
- Receiving tax credit forms for Revenue Quebec for all students you hire
- Tax credits apply both to the interns and supervisors wages
- Getting a sneak peek at the next generation of developers and IT professionals.
- Provide direct feedback to the CS program at Dawson about direction and relevance of the program
Employers are invited to submit a job post to our system allowing students and the ATE coordinators to see the various positions available. Dawson students become available for internships around Mid May(exact date to be communicated). Students are required to complete a minimum of 225hrs of work over an 8-16 week period with an employer.
Have additional questions? Want to learn more about the Computer Science Program and Internship Course?