Don’t find what your looking for in topics below? You can consult our Articles online or get help at the Service Desk in 2H.12.
In addition to the MyDawson account you created upon your admission, you need to create a Network account to access WiFi, computers, network drives, etc. To do so, go to MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Network Account.
Your username is your student number. Passwords have to meet complexity requirements. You may use the same password for MyDawson and Network accounts.
- MyDawson gives you access to Omnivox services, MIO, Léa, Moodle.
- The network account is used to login to the wireless network and computers in labs
- It is also used to access H: and S: drives.
- Access to library databases
- If you haven’t created your network account by the beginning of the semester, it is automatically created for you with a default password. In such a case, you must change this password within XXX days (go to MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Network Account).
- Your network account is terminated a year after your last registration. Associated services for printing and Office 365 are terminated at the same time.
Access the WiFi with your Network account. If not already created, go to MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Network Account.
Dawson_open vs Dawson_secure
Two networks are available : Dawson_open for a quick, temporary connection to surf the Web, and Dawson_secure for an encrypted communication. We recommend the latter because it is makes it harder for someone to “listen in” on your wireless conversation, and allows you to save your credentials rather than login every time. Depending on your device, it may require some configuration : see here for instructions.
- Check if your password has expired, especially if you’re still using the default password we generated for you. Do so by going to MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Network Account.
Printers are located in labs and in the library. Costs are 5¢ (B&W) and 50¢ (colour) per page.
To check the balance and purchase more print credits with your credit card, go to MyDawson : My College Services : Print Balance Account. Alternatively you can use the money transfer machines in 2H.12 and in the library (more info to come soon).
In some labs, you can print files from your phone, tablet or laptop over the wireless network.
More info to come soon
Login to computers in labs with your Network account. If you don’t have a network account yet, there is a station on the counter of the support center at 2H.12 to let you go to MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Network Account to create it. Generally, computers lock screen after 10 minutes of being unused, go to sleep after 30 minutes, and shutdown every night at 11.
Where to go
- Several areas in the library, as well as the 2F.26 lab, have computers available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- You may access labs in the 5B wing, and 2F.24, provided they are not needed for a class.
- Please check the schedule posted on the wall or at the 2H.12 counter.
- Some specialty labs may be available for your discipline
- 2F wing, Regular schedule: Mon-Fri 08:00-22:00, Sat 09:00-14:30
- 2F wing, June schedule. Mon-Thu 08:00-22:00, Fri 09:00-13:00
- 5B wing. Regular schedule: Mon-Fri 08:00-19:00
- You are given 100MB for personal storage on the H: drive
- Your teachers may share files with you on the S: drive
- Outside Dawson, you may access those from MyDawson : My Dawson life : My Files
- You may use OneDrive Business (Office 365) for additional, cloud storage
Office 365 is Microsoft cloud productivity suite. Login to Office 365 at https://portal.office.com/ by using your email address (for students, firstname.last[at]dawsoncollege.qc.ca) and your network password. You may also find your login information at MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Office 365 Account.
What you get
- Office ProPlus for your PC or Mac, iOS or Android device, and Online through a browser
- Web conferencing through Skype for Business
- File Storage up to 1TB through OneDrive Business
- emails up to 50GB. Students already have emails on Office 365. Employees emails are being migrated in 2017-18.
For more info, see the FAQ.