Access the WiFi with your Network account. If not already created, go to MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Network Account.
Dawson_open vs Dawson_secure
Two networks are available : Dawson_open for a quick, temporary connection to surf the Web, and Dawson_secure for an encrypted communication. We recommend the latter because it is makes it harder for someone to “listen in” on your wireless conversation, and allows you to save your credentials rather than login every time. Depending on your device, it may require some configuration : see here for instructions.
- Check if your password has expired, especially if you’re still using the default password we generated for you. Do so by going to MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Network Account.
- You are given 100MB for personal storage on the H: drive
- Your teachers may share files with you on the S: drive
- Outside Dawson, you may access those from MyDawson : My Dawson life : My Files
- You may use OneDrive Business (Office 365) for additional, cloud storage
Office 365 is Microsoft cloud productivity suite. Login to Office 365 at https://login.microsoftonline.com/ by using your email address (for students, firstname.last[at]dawsoncollege.qc.ca) and your network password. You may also find your login information at MyDawson : My Dawson Life : Office 365 Account.
What you get
- Office ProPlus for your PC or Mac, iOS or Android device, and Online through a browser
- Web conferencing through Skype for Business
- File Storage up to 1TB through OneDrive Business
- emails up to 50GB. Students already have emails on Office 365. Employees emails are being migrated in 2017-18.
For more info, see the FAQ.
Every classroom is equipped with at least a projector, a computer, and DVD player which are controlled through a wall panel (the crestron switch). If you’re planning to play music or videos, please see this article.
Teachers can borrow a laptop for up to three days, or an iPad for a period up to two weeks. Just come to 2H.12.
For longer duration, please contact the OAD office to get an authorisation.