This chat is now closed Please send your questions to
- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:570.G0
- DEC in:Graphic Design
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- See your ideas take shape in an exciting learning environment
- Learn in an engaging community of creative thinkers
- Explore colour, composition, concepts and typography
- Study in a hands-on, project-driven program
- Work with the latest technology in a modern collaborative setting
Then the Graphic Design Program could be for you.
The Graphic Design Program will prepare you to work in a dynamic, evolving industry. You will study in an engaging environment with teachers who can deliver one-on-one instruction for a truly unique college experience. You will learn the foundational drawing techniques as well as the digital skills necessary to meet the needs of your clientele. You will also acquire the confidence to manage projects independently and build an impressive portfolio of work.
The teachers in this program prepare us for professional life by sharing experience, knowledge and valuable lessons about the design world.— Vivian B.
What you will learn?
- To communicate effectively using graphics
- To develop graphics for branding, publication design, advertising, packaging, websites and other promotional material
- To use the software used in the industry, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and others
- To use website design and multimedia applications
- To explore the creative and technical aspects of graphic design
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of the Graphic Design Program often pursue careers in graphic design studios, advertising agencies, multimedia studios and publishing houses. Others work independently as freelance graphic designers. Graduates can also choose to continue on to university studies in Design, Arts, Marketing, Communication Studies, Animation and more.
What else you should know?
As a student in the Graphic Design Program, you will have access to the most advanced industry-level computer labs, a multipurpose studio and complete printing facilities. Third-year students enjoy individual work stations as they prepare their final portfolios for exhibition.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in workshops led by leaders of the industry and enter design contests in order to hone your skills throughout your college career.
What do you need to get in?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Secondary V Art is considered an asset
- An audio file answering three questions.*
*adapted requirements due to Covid-19