Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES), including:
- Secondary V Language of Instruction
- Secondary V Second Language
- Secondary IV Science
- Secondary IV Mathematics
- Secondary IV History
or academic background judged equivalent to the DES.
(Students with a DES missing any of the above subjects may be admitted, space permitting, but may be required to complete remedial courses.)
Additional admission requirements
- Secondary V Art highly desirable
- An in-person assessment is required; usually scheduled in late March or early April, and consists of a portfolio evaluation of visual artworks, a timed drawing exercise, and a written statement of goals.
- Portfolio of assigned pieces of work and a sketchbook that demonstrates that you draw regularly. The assignments will be judged on quality, originality and motivation. Previous visual arts background should include work in various media (pastels, coloured pencils, collage, printmaking, sculpture, photography, ceramics, for example).
- Portfolio requirements. This document is also available by e-mail or mail. Contact (514) 931-8731 ext. 3200 to order one.
- Long-distance applicants unable to attend the in-person assessment should provide their portfolio and written statement in person or by mail or courier.
For general, non-program specific requirements, please consult the Admission Requirements page.
- March 1 (for Fall semester)
The program begins in the Fall semester; new students are not admitted into the program in the Winter term.