General doctor, Gynecologist, and Psychiatrist are at Dawson College (September to May)
For an appointment with any of the health professionals below, send a MIO to Julie Drolet (nurse) or contact the secretary at (514) 931-8731 ext. 1206.
A General Practitioner/Doctor is available on Thursday afternoons (by appointment) for:
- General health issues ex. infections, injuries, pain, lifestyle habits, anxiety, etc.
- *** MUST HAVE VALID QUEBEC MEDICARE CARD AND STUDENT I.D.
A psychiatrist is available on Monday afternoons (by appointment only) for:
- Anxiety, recurrent panic attacks, mood issues/depression, bipolar disorder
- PTSD, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- ADHD, ADD
- Other mental health issues
- *** MUST HAVE VALID QUEBEC MEDICARE CARD AND STUDENT I.D and be referred by a general practitioner or family doctor
A gynecologist is available on Tuesday mornings (by appointment) for:
- Any gynecological issue
- Gynecological exam
- Prescription for contraception
- STI testing (sexually transmitted infections)
- *** MUST HAVE VALID QUEBEC MEDICARE CARD AND STUDENT I.D
Appointments and drop-ins with the Nurse, all year round, on Monday p.m. & Wednesday p.m. and Thursday a.m.:
- Lifestyle habits (nutrition, physical activity, smoking cessation, stress management)
- Contraceptive counseling and prescription for initiating, changing and renewing contraception
- Administering the morning-after pill
- Administration of Depo Provera
- Pregnancy testing
- STI prevention and testing
- Other health issues
*** Must have a student ID for all services. A medicare card is required for certain tests.
Confidential and free health services to current students