Student Health Services (room 2D.2) is dedicated to general health promotion and education, and to helping students learn new strategies contributing to a healthy lifestyle.
Here, you will also find a safe and confidential environment to discuss safe sex, safe drug and alcohol use, and healthy relationships.
- You must have a valid student ID for all services.
- A medicare card is required for certain tests and to see the doctors .
- All services are CONFIDENTIAL and FREE.
If you wish to book an APPOINTMENT with the nurses, please fill out the mandatory Student Health Services intake form in Omnivox. It is found on the left of your Omnivox page under “Student Services”, and then by selecting “Health Services Form”.
If you wish to receive services related to STI testing or/and contraception, please also fill out these sections on the intake form which follow the “General Health” section of the form. After filling out these STI or/and contraception sections, you will be able to book an appointment online to see a nurse. You can only book online for the services related to contraception and STI testing.
A nurse can assist you with:
- Contraceptive counseling and prescription for initiating, changing and renewing contraception (see green box above)
- STI prevention and testing (see green box above)
- Pregnancy testing
- Administering the morning-after pill
- Administration of Depo Provera
- Lifestyle habits counselling and skills development (stress management, nutrition, physical activity, smoking cessation)
Medical services are offered from September to May, by appointment only. NO DROP-IN SERVICES.
For an APPOINTMENT with any of the health professionals below, please fill out the mandatory Student Health Services intake form in Omnivox. It is found on the left of your Omnivox page under “Student Services”, and then by selecting “Health Services Form”.
It may take some time to get an appointment so if your condition requires medical care soon, please first call 811, where a nurse will assess your situation, offer recommendations to alleviate your symptoms, and guide you to the appropriate service when needed.
- General health issues (ex. infections, injuries, pain, etc.)
- Available on Thursday afternoons, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
For STI testing and contraception, see the nurses.
- Any gynecological issue (painful periods, gynecological infections, etc.)
- Gynecological exam (student must be 25 years old for Pap test)
- Prescription for IUD (intrauterine device) and Nexplanon implant contraception.
- Available on Tuesday mornings, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
You must have a written referral from a general practitioner or family doctor to see the psychiatrist. Please bring the referral to 2D.2 as soon as you have it or attach it to a MIO and send it to Julie Drolet.
- Anxiety, recurrent panic attacks, mood issues/depression, bipolar disorder
- PTSD, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Other mental health issues
- Available on Monday mornings, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
ADHD testing is NOT offered at Dawson College. Please contact Student AccessAbility Services for a list of testing resources.