Save time! Register here before you come to the Centre!
Helping all Dawson students achieve their goals
College students often need a little help with their studies. The role of Dawson’s Academic Skills Centre is to help students improve their learning, reading and writing skills. Students can meet with professionals and peer tutors on an individual basis or in small groups.
The Academic Skills Centre is located in 6D.2 (upstairs in the library).
Winter 2020 Schedule
Academic Skills Centre Services
Our professional individualized support includes:
- Research and documentation
- Time management
- Study skills and note-taking
- Academic reading and critical thinking
- Oral presentations
- Exam preparation
- English Exit Exam preparation
Our peer support includes:
- English language tutoring
- Tutoring for most courses