Design and build the mechanical innovations of tomorrow
The only program of its kind among English-language colleges in Quebec, Mechanical Engineering Technology will provide you with practical mechanical engineering training.
This three-year program program focuses on theory and practice in the design, construction, installation, and control of machines and mechanical devices used in the manufacturing of goods.
What you will learn
In addition to learning theoretical skills, such as using industrial grade software, designing mechanical devices and preparing detail and assembly drawings, you will also apply this knowledge to program a Numerical Control (NC) lathe and mill and understand all parts and components in mechanical assembly.
In your final year, you will choose between the following two options:
- Design: applying basic principles of design – with the help of Computer-Aided Design – to the development of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Automation: using robotics, PLCs and micro-processors in an automated manufacturing environment
Upon graduating, you may enter the job market directly or choose to further your studies in engineering at university level. Depending on the university chosen, students may be granted advance credits toward their degree.
Graduates can pursue university studies that lead to careers in a number of areas, including:
- The design, development and implementation of engineering projects
- Mechanical drafting or Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
- Estimating, inspecting and testing
- Research and development
- Technical sales
- The servicing and testing of materials and components
- The installation and maintenance of automation equipment, including robotics, Numerical Control and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)