- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:510.A0
- DEC in:Visual Arts
- Program Length:2 years
If you would like to:
- Learn in fully-equipped studios
- Develop your drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking and media art skills
- Acquire skills in traditional and contemporary computer art production
- Exhibit your artwork at program exhibitions
- Produce a catalogue of artwork for your university portfolio
Then the Visual Arts Program could be for you.
The Visual Arts Program will provide you with the hands-on training and studio experience to develop as an artist. Your teachers have expertise in a variety of visual art forms and will help harness your creativity and hone your artistic skills. In addition to the practical training, you will learn about the cultural and historical aspects of art. You will graduate with strong visual expression skills, an appreciation of creative processes and a comprehensive portfolio of artwork.
If you are looking to express your vision of the world, develop your technical skills, explore your creative process and build relationships with an audience through your productions, this is the right program for you!— Emma P.
What you will learn?
- To use technical and conceptual processes to create works of art in painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and new media
- To recognize and interpret works of art from different eras
- To solve problems and use critical thinking skills
Where will this program lead you?
Visual Arts graduates often pursue university studies in Visual Arts, Studio Arts, Painting and Drawing, Art History, Art Education, Art Therapy, Design and Photography. Others find studio work in the production of paintings, drawings, prints, sculpture and multimedia. Other possibilities include careers in art restoration/conservation, advertising, communications and other creative careers.
What else you should know?
As a student in the Visual Arts Program, you will have access to a dedicated resource room, an extensive Visual Art library and a computer lab. You will visit diverse art exhibitions, and get to meet artists, meet curators, restorers, art educators and art therapists.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES