- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
You will need to prepare the following portfolio requirements to upload within the Application Centre.
1. Observation Drawing
Instructions: Set up a still-life with three objects similar to a cube, a sphere or cylinder and an organic shape. Example: a box of tissues, an orange and a crumpled t-shirt. Make an observation drawing of these assembled objects, using pencil or charcoal on paper.
2. Artwork: 10-15 original artworks in at least 2 different media
You must include the media, size, year created and title of artwork as well as a description of the work or any relevant information about the context in which it was made. If the artwork is part of a group collaboration, please specify your role in the creation.
- Include original artworks from any visual arts media: drawing (pencil, marker, charcoal, etc.), painting (oil, acrylic, watercolour, gouache, etc.), sculpture (clay, plaster, wood, mixed media, etc.), printmaking, photography, digital art, collage, etc.
- For drawings, please specify in the description if they were done from observation, imagination or copied.
- Original ideas and drawings from observation submissions are preferred.
- Please limit the number of artworks that are copied or adapted, as well as Manga drawings or comic book art. Make sure to always give the source/reference for any work copied from photo or other artwork in the description.
- You may submit multiple viewpoints of 3D sculpture work, if necessary.
3. OPTIONAL additional artwork:
- A maximum of 5 selected pages from your Sketchbook showing rough or process ideas (visual journaling and material testing can be included)
- Media work: web links to your video or animated work may be provided.
There are short questions related to your personal art experience in the portfolio upload pages. This is so that we can get to know a little bit about you and why you are interested in our program.
Please do not be intimidated by this process. We do not expect your artworks to be at a professional level. Our goal is to assess your artistic potential based on your current perceptual skills and visual awareness.