A.E.C. Program NTA.1A – (840 hours) Full-time evening
Program scheduled to start: August 23, 2017 (Fall 2017)
Application & Portfolio deadline: May 1, 2017
Late applicants (those applying after the deadline date) can late-apply online, but will only be considered if space permits.
All dates are subject to change without notice.
For more information please contact the AEC Office in room 3H.1, (514) 931-8731 extension 3210.
Please consult the Continuing Education timetable for general rules concerning registration procedures and refund policies.
The Commercial Photography Program provides instruction in various aspects of professional photography including advertising and editorial illustration, portraiture, catalogue photography, architectural photography, fashion photography, industrial photography and digital imaging. In courses designed to cover both theory and practice, students learn to use small and large format cameras, tungsten and electronic flash for studio or location lighting, and computer imaging software for output and media applications.
Throughout the program, a mature and disciplined approach to commercial photography is emphasized and at the same time, students are encouraged to develop a personal creative vision of the world. There are two semesters per year. The ‘Winter Semester’ begins in January and the ‘Fall Semester’ begins in late August.
The goal of this program is to give graduating students the technical, visual and business skills to perform commercial tasks typically done by self-employed or staff photographers in a manner that meets industry and professional standards.
- Applicants must have a Secondary V diploma or equivalent or acquired knowledge and skills deemed sufficient by the College for potential success in the program
- In addition, the applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
- the applicant’s studies have been interrupted for at least two consecutive terms or one school year;
- the applicant is covered by an agreement entered into by the College and an employer or by a government program;
- the applicant has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies over a period of one year or more
- English language skills equivalent to placement at Preparation for College English or higher. Students may be required to take an English placement exam.
- A letter of intent explaining the student’s reasons for seeking admission to the program and demonstrating his or her interest in developing a career in commercial photography.
- An interview may be required to assess the applicant’s motivation and communication skills.
- A maximum of 25 images posted on a website or online gallery.
Full-time international students in a program pay an amount of $6,000 to $9,301 per semester depending on their program. This amount is in addition to other applicable fees.
International students in Continuing Education must have a visa valid for the institution they are attending.