Accounting Principles and Related Computer Applications
- Applicants must have a Secondary V diploma or equivalent or acquired knowledge and skills deemed sufficient by the College for potential success in the program
- In addition, the applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
a. the applicant’s studies have been interrupted for at least two consecutive terms or one school year;
b. the applicant is covered by an agreement entered into by the College and an employer or by a government program;
c. the applicant has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies over a period of one year or more
- Mathematics 426 or equivalent, or must pass a math placement test (click for practice exams; Remedial Activities for Secondary IV Mathematics).
- English language skills equivalent to placement at Preparation for College English or higher. Students may be required to take an English placement exam.
- Conversational French. The student’s level of competency will be assessed during the interview.
- A letter of intent explaining the applicant’s reasons for seeking admission to the Program and providing information about any pertinent work experience or background.
- Reasons for applying to your chosen program
- Relevant information regarding your academic record, if you have
had difficulties; e.g. problems that have affected your academic
performance and how these have been resolved, medical certificates,
proof of employment and working hours
- A brief description of your personal situation or principal occupation
since leaving school
- Any work or volunteer experience related to your program
- An interview will be required to assess the applicant’s motivation, communication skills and Program expectations.
Last Modified: June 23, 2020