Network Administration & Support
A.E.C. Program ELJ.3B
(1260 hours) Full-time – Intensive
Program scheduled to start: October 05, 2020Information Sessions:
- To be determined
Application deadline: TBD
This is an Emploi Québec – Services Québec sponsored program. Please contact your district Emploi Québec – Services Québec office to arrange an appointment to see an agent who will determine if you meet their criteria.
The use of computer networks in many small, medium and large enterprises has created demand for specialists who provide end-user support, as well as the day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks.
Network Support Technicians typically find work in M.I.S. departments, at help desks, or in technical support centers. There has also been an emergence of specialized consulting firms that offer professional network support and expertise to a wide range of companies. A Network Support Technician installs, configures, and troubleshoots PC and network hardware, client operating and network operating systems. The Network Support Technician also plans, designs, implements and administers local and wide area networks. The technician also provides technical support to end users and clients.
Upon successful completion of the program students will be able to:
- Install and configure computer and network hardware
- Install and configure client server operating systems
- Plan and implement network solutions
- Plan and implement internet solutions
- Support end-users
Graduates are qualified to work in a variety of businesses such as:
- Computer consulting firms
- Production and commercial enterprises
- Financial, educational and health institutions
- Government and para-public agencies
- Transportation companies
- Insurance agencies
This program provides training for the following industry certifications:
- Microsoft Server Certification
- Microsoft Client Certification
- Microsoft Security Certification
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
All dates are subject to change without notice.
For more information please contact the AEC Office in room 2H.1, (514) 933-3771.
Please consult the Continuing Education timetable for general rules concerning registration procedures and refund policies.