Registration Information & Policies
Further to Premier Francois Legault’s announcement, Dawson College remains closed for both on-site classes and on-site registration. The Centre for Training & Development (CTD) however is pleased to be offering Online Courses, registration for these courses must be done through our Online Registration.
Students can check the CTD course schedule, select the course(s) they wish to register for and register online. Accepted methods of payments are Visa/Mastercard.
The deadline to register for online CTD courses is 2 business days prior to the start date of the course.
Students are responsible for ensuring they have the required prerequisites or equivalent knowledge, as listed in the course descriptions, prior to registering.
In order to participate in the online courses students must have the following:
- Headphones and an external microphone.
- A stable high speed internet connection.
- A Computer with a minimum of Windows 7 or Mac G5.
Students registering for the first time in a language course at Dawson College should consult the Self-Evaluation to determine their level. During the first class, the teacher will evaluate students to make sure they are attending the right level or to recommend a transfer to a more appropriate level.
There is a written admission test (no fee) for Basic English Writing Skills.
Applicants 60 years of age or older are eligible for a 10% reduction of fees. Seniors must provide a valid ID to firstname.lastname@example.org by the second class to validate their eligibility for the discount.
- 100% of tuition fees will be refunded if the College cancels the course.
- 100% of tuition fees will be refunded if the College receives written notification five (5) business days prior to the start of the course.
- For Emploi-Quebec Subsidized courses, there will be no refund or withdrawal after the start of the course.
- For all other courses, 80% of the tuition fees will be refunded if student withdraws from a course and notifies the College in writing before the beginning of the second class.
- In all other cases, fees are not refundable.
NOTE: Please allow up to six (6) weeks for the processing of refunds.
The CTD reserves the right to cancel a course in case of low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances; in such cases, registration fees will be fully reimbursed. CTD does not accept any liability except for fees paid to Dawson College. In cases of cancellation, students will be notified by email or by phone.
Teacher and Schedule Changes
CTD reserves the right to make changes to teaching staff without notification of students. Students are notified about schedule and room changes by email or phone.
Students who attend 80% of a course for which they have registered will receive a certificate attesting to their participation in that course. In all other cases, certificates will not be issued.
Tuition fees must be paid in full upon registration; a receipt will be issued to students upon registration. Where applicable, sales taxes are included in the tuition fees.
All individuals who register for a continuing education course will be placed on our electronic mailing list and will receive promotional material and course schedules. If you wish to be removed from the mailing list please notify the CTD office.