Registration Information & Policies
The Centre for Training & Development (CTD) is pleased to be offering Online & On Campus Courses, registration for these courses must be done through our Online Registration.
Students can check the CTD course schedule, select the course(s) they wish to register for and register online. Accepted methods of payments are Visa/Mastercard.
The deadline to register for CTD courses is 2 business days prior to the start date of the course.
Students are responsible for ensuring they have the required prerequisites or equivalent knowledge, as listed in the course descriptions, prior to registering.
- Students must be a minimum of 16 years old at the time of registration.
In order to participate in the online courses students must have the following:
- Headphones and an external microphone.
- A stable high speed internet connection.
- A Computer with a minimum of Windows 10 or Mac G5.
Students registering for the first time in a language course at Dawson College should consult the Self-Evaluation to determine their level. During the first class, the teacher will evaluate students to make sure they are attending the right level or to recommend a transfer to a more appropriate level.
There is a written admission test (no fee) for Basic English Writing Skills.
Senior’s Discount: Applicants 55 years of age or older are eligible for a 20% reduction of fees. Seniors must provide a valid ID to firstname.lastname@example.org by the second class to validate their eligibility for the discount.
Current and Former Dawson Students: Current or Former Dawson College students are eligible for a 20% discount on Non-credit course fees. Please contact our reception at email@example.com with your Program of Study and your student number or full name. Please note that a program of study is required to be considered for the discount.
College Employees: Current college employees who are eligible for subsidized courses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the “Employee registration form”. This form must be submitted two business days before the start of the course.
Former Employees: Retired college employees are eligible for a 20% discount and can contact email@example.com for access to the “retired employee registration form”. This form must be submitted two business days before the start of the course.
* Please note that discounts cannot be combined, Testing and SQ activities are not included in the discount.
- 100% of tuition fees will be refunded if the College cancels the course before the first class.
- 100% of tuition fees will be refunded if the College receives written notification five (5) business days prior to the start of the course.
- For Emploi-Quebec Subsidized courses, a rejected application will result in a 100% refund of the application fee.
- For Emploi-Quebec Subsidized courses, there will be no refund of the application fee or withdrawal after the start of the course.
- For all other courses, 80% of the tuition fees will be refunded if the student withdraws from a course and notifies the College in writing before the beginning of the second class.
- In all other cases, fees are not refundable.
NOTE: Please allow up to six (6) weeks for the processing of refunds.
The CTD reserves the right to cancel a course in case of low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. CTD does not accept any liability except for fees paid to Dawson College. In cases of cancellation, students will be notified by email or by phone.
Teacher and Schedule Changes
CTD reserves the right to make changes to teaching staff without notification of students. Students are notified about schedule and room changes by email or phone.
Students who attend 80% of a course for which they have registered will receive a certificate attesting to their participation in that course. In all other cases, certificates will not be issued.
Tuition fees must be paid in full upon registration; a receipt will be issued to students upon registration. Where applicable, sales taxes are included in the tuition fees.