Independent Video Game Design
A person who has received instruction considered sufficient by the college and meets one of the following conditions may be admitted to a program of studies leading to an Attestation d’études collégiales:
- The applicant’s studies have been interrupted for at least two consecutive terms or one school year;
- The applicant is covered by an agreement entered into between the college and an employer or by a government program of studies;
- The applicant has completed at least one year of post secondary studies over a period of one year or more.
- The college considers sufficient instruction to be one of the following:
- Québec Secondary School Diploma (DES) or equivalent
- Québec Diploma of Professional Studies (DEP) or equivalent
Applicants without a DES or DEP or equivalent must submit a letter of intent and curriculum vitae which should provide the Program with information regarding the applicant’s aptitudes, skills and experience.
- English language skills equivalent to placement at Preparation for College English or higher. Applicants may be required to take an English placement exam.
- A letter of intent explaining the applicant’s reasons for seeking admission to the program and demonstrating his or her interest in developing a career in independent video game design.
- Applicants are required to submit a portfolio of original work. Suggestions regarding portfolio content can be found on the Dawson College website, or by contacting Dawson College’s AEC Program Office.
- An interview will be required to assess the applicant’s ability, motivation and communication skills.