Student Academic Enrichment Fund will be accepting project applications
A new fund available through the Dawson Foundation by and for students, the Dawson Student Academic Enrichment Fund, will officially launch its first call for projects on Tuesday, Nov. 22. Projects selected in this round will receive funding at the beginning of the Winter 2023 semester.
The Student Academic Enrichment fund is supported directly by Dawson students via a $10 contribution per semester to the Dawson College Foundation. Each semester, approximately 45% of the funds will be allocated to financial support for students for financial aid as well as mental and health-related expenses. The remaining 55% will be made available to staff and students to apply for funding for enhanced academic activities.
The Student Academic Enrichment Fund selection committee will meet twice a year to decide on which projects to fund for the subsequent semester. The selection committee includes representatives from the Dawson Student Union, Student Services and Academic Sector.
In order to be considered, projects must:
- Demonstrate a clear benefit for Dawson students
- Represent an activity that goes over and above core competencies for completion of a DEC
Faculty and students are encouraged to begin preparing their applications, which will need to include a project description and cost estimate.
The application form will be available on the Dawson Foundation website later this month: https://www.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/dawson-foundation/student-academic-enhancement-fund/