- Application Deadline:March 1
- Profile Code:200.PE
- DEC in:Science
- Program Length:2 years
If you would like to:
- Be part of a small and super-committed learning community
- Go beyond the Pure and Applied Science curriculum and challenge yourself
- Learn outside the classroom through extracurricular activities
- Participate in field trips to world-class research facilities
- Conduct original research with Dawson teachers
- Be well prepared for university studies in life sciences, medicine, ecology or environmental sciences
Then the Enriched Pure and Applied Science Profile could be for you.
Explore, research and discover what interests you most in the vast world of science. The Pure and Applied Science Profile offers exposure to many disciplines in the first year. In the second year, students can go deeper into topics of particular interest, such as ecology and the environment, engineering, and computer science. The Integrative Project is another opportunity to choose what you wish to learn.
The program exposes students to another side of science not usually covered in the curriculum, such as aspects of Research and Development and applications of science in solving real-world problems.— Lucas C.
What you will learn?
- To think like a scientist
- To employ a scientific method
- To read and analyze scientific publications
- To choose and appropriately use digital technologies to support learning, to present content, to model, to simulate and to program
- To design and implement a scientific project
- To collect, analyze and communicate experimental data
- To solve complex problems
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of this profile are well-prepared for a wide variety of university studies, such as engineering, physics, mathematics, or computer science.
What else you should know?
- Students who are not accepted into Enriched Pure and Applied Science will be automatically considered for Pure and Applied Science
- Being in Enriched Pure and Applied Science does not disadvantage students when it comes to the R-Score since R-Scores are calculated in relation to the entire body of students in the Science program
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the admission requirements for Pure and Applied Science, you must also have:
- An overall average of at least 80%
- A minimum of 85% in at least two of the Secondary V science prerequisite courses and a minimum of 80% in the third