Virtual Earth Week at Dawson
Tomorrow (April 22) is the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, which is usually celebrated in a big way at Dawson College with a week-long program of events.
This year, Earth Week is going virtual at Dawson and all over the world:
- Virtual presentation by yogipreneur Bhaskar Goswami (pictured) on Wednesday, April 22 via ZOOM meeting from 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: 40-minute presentation followed by 40 minutes of chair yoga.
- Alveole is coming to open the beehives on the 4H rooftop Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- A great way to promote sustainability is to continue making an effort during the pandemic to support local, small, ethical and sustainable businesses, which is what Dawson is highlighting this year.
- Watch this new 2-minute Earth week promo video produced by the Sustainability team
- Eco-Friendly vendors normally in the lower atrium will be promoted on the Sustainable Dawson Facebook page with links to their virtual stores (e.g. handmade soap, local honey, thrift shop clothing stores, upcycled and recycled jewellery, succulent plants, e-bikes, Bixi)
- Foodie Fest vendors normally in Conrod’s where the Dawson community can sample their products will be promoted on Sustainable Dawson Facebook page with links to their virtual stores (e.g. food delivery services, food wrap companies, cricket based foods, plant based meats, Nutritower, organic popcorn, kombucha).