The Dawson Active Learning Community (DALC), celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, has a few invitations for you.
- There are a number of DALC events scheduled over the March break. The sessions are all on Zoom and all are welcome:
- Tuesday (March 15) – Show & Tell: Share engaging strategies with other teachers and have a pedagogically focused discussion with your peers.
- Wednesday (March 16) – Discussion on Shared Cognition & Legitimate Peripheral Participation: Discuss two foundational topics with peers. The discussion will focus on two 2 articles available on Perusall.
- Thursday (March 17) – Recent topics in Active Learning (AL) research: Discuss what is happening at the forefront of Active Learning.
To find out more – including times and specific details – and to participate in any of these sessions, please consult the DALC website: https://www.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/active-learning/dawson-active-learning-community-dalc/
- The Fall 2022 scheduling process is just around the corner. If you would like to request an Active Learning classroom please note the following:
- INFO: Information about the AL classrooms can be found at: https://www.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/active-learning/classrooms/
- PRIORITY: For teachers who have already used active learning classrooms, your participation in the Community of Practice meetings is the key to giving you priority for your requests. If you haven’t been able to attend any meetings this semester, there are three sessions during the March break (see above). Don’t miss them!
- NEWCOMERS WELCOME!!: For teachers who have never taught in the Active Learning classrooms but want to give them a try, please contact the DALC co-Coordinators (Selma and Chris at: email@example.com) for information. Note that you don’t need to be an active member of the DALC to request a room for the first time. Priority is given to first timers for one course.