September 21st, 2022
If you develop COVID-like symptoms: Do not come to the College Go home if you are already here Self-isolate immediately Go for PCR testing Email COVIDHR@dawsoncollege.qc.ca Mask wearing: The College still has mask dispensing stations around the campus Wearing a mask is recommended when you cannot keep a distance from others Wearing a mask is…
Rapid covid tests available on campus
August 24th, 2022
Students who have Covid-like symptoms are instructed to go home, do a rapid Covid test, and contact email@example.com whether they test positive or negative.
During the day, students can obtain a kit from:
- CLL (2E.6)
- First Aid Room (2D.1)
- First-Year Students' Office (2D.0)
- Student Health Services (2D.02)
- Security at the Montreal Forum
In the evening, students can obtain a kit from:
- The Continuing Education office (2H.1)
- Security Desk (2E.14)
Employees can pick up kits at Human Resources (4B).
Help keep our Dawson community healthy
August 24th, 2022
If you develop COVID-like symptoms:
- The College still has mask dispensing stations around the campus
- Wearing a mask is recommended in the presence of vulnerable or immunocompromised people as well as when it is difficult to keep a distance from others.
- People who test positive must self-isolate: vaccinated people for the first 5 days then wear the mask for the next 5 days. Others must isolate for the full 10 days.
Quebec Government Information:
Masks no longer mandatory at Dawson
June 1st, 2022
As of today, Wednesday, June 1, mask-wearing is not mandatory anywhere in the building although anyone who wishes to wear a mask is free to do so. The College will continue to provide blue procedural masks at the various mask distribution stations located throughout the building.
Thank you to every member of the faculty and staff for your cooperation this past year, especially this last semester for your adherence to the COVID protocols in the face of the more virulent, though less severe strains that began to spread before the holidays in December.
Though reported COVID cases were higher than they had been in the past, the management of absences in classes and among our staff, though difficult, culminated in a largely successful term that ended with the final exams on Monday.
Quite simply, Dawson couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you.
COVID self-isolation rules
May 18th, 2022
If you test positive for COVID:
- And you are vaccinated: self-isolate at home for 5 days from the first day of symptoms or from the date you test positive if you do not have symptoms.
- For example: if your symptoms started May 12, May 12 would be Day 0 and the 5 days (if vaccinated) would be May 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 inclusive
- And you are unvaccinated: self-isolate for 10 days
- For example: if your symptoms started May 12, May 12 would be Day 0 and the 10 days (if unvaccinated) would be May 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 inclusive
After this period of self-isolation: resume activities if symptoms improve and you have no fever for at least 24 hours (without taking fever medication).
During the following 5 days:
- wear a mask during any social interaction
- respect a distance of 2 metres as much as possible
If symptoms or fever persist: continue isolation for another 5 days.
If you have questions or need guidance about COVID: please contact CovidHR@dawsoncollege.qc.ca
Paxlovid treatment for COVID
April 20th, 2022
Public Health Director Dr. Luc Boileau invites unvaccinated people who show symptoms of COVID to get tested. If they are positive, they now can get the Paxlovid treatment. This medicine can reduce the severity of the disease and the chances of being hospitalized. It must be given quickly at the onset of the disease. Click the Read More link for details.
New method for using COVID home test
April 20th, 2022
To increase the efficiency and accuracy of your rapid test, click the Read More link.
Keep your mask on and remain vigilant
April 6th, 2022
The Covid numbers are up at Dawson and across Quebec, which is in its sixth wave.
While there had been talk of the government lifting more measures to prevent the spread of Covid, the mask mandate remains in effect across the province until at least April 30.
New rules for people in contact with a positive case
March 23rd, 2022
As of March 12, the Quebec government changed the rules for contacts with a positive covid case. If you are vaccinated, you don't have to isolate anymore after contact. If you are unvaccinated, you need to isolate for five days after contact with a positive case.
Nothing new for people who test positive: you must self-isolate for five days if you are vaccinated and 10 days if you are not.
A reminder that employees who have questions or need guidance are invited to contact our College Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org Students may contact Student Health Services at DawsonHealthServices@dawsoncollege.qc.ca
For more details, please click Read More to go the Quebec government webpage.
Information about (K)N95 masks from the College Nurses
February 16th, 2022
Last Modified: September 22, 2022