Highlights from the Sept. 14 Board of Governors meeting
At this month’s Board of Governors meeting, Director General Diane Gauvin shared the presentation delivered to Dawson staff and faculty at the Welcome Back event in August on the potential impacts of Bill 96, as well as her annual management plan for Dawson College.
Management priorities for 2022-2023 include:
- participating in discussions with the Ministry of Higher Education to ensure that the decisions made around the implementation of Bill 96 are student-centered with a view of minimizing the impact on staffing;
- Addressing Dawson’s space deficit through the short-term leasing of space and longer-term goal of finding new facilities of quality that align with the College’s academic needs;
- Developing a new 2023-2028 Strategic Plan for Dawson;
- Extending the pilot project launched in Winter 2022 to better understand the nature and pedagogical value of courses that blend in-person and online learning to continue reflection so that an institutional position can be reached;
- Advance ongoing work related to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility (EDIA) to design policies, practices, and programs that eliminate systemic barriers for students and employees.
Overall, this month’s board meeting had a short agenda and was therefore held virtually.